Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within, Ntsc

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Death In Darkness

Death In Darkness

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Hacking,Gaming,Xbox Live,Computers,Web Design,Playing Basketball,Watching Sports and T.V.,Music.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:13 AM

Title: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Publisher: Ubisoft

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal

Date Released November 30th, 2004

Game Review:

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within is the second installment to the already critically acclaimed Prince of Persia series. This time around you'll be playing as the prince, but you'll see a darker side to him you've never seen before. Prepare yourself for an all out action adventure as you try to stop the Sands of Time from being created, and escaping from the evil Dahaka which is trying to take your life in the process. You'll be sitting at the edge of your seat in this game from the beginning of the boat that takes you to the mysterious island all the way up the the final battle with the Epress of Time, and be prepared it will be a tough journey. Let me start off by saying a few new features that are in the game, and how the developers at Ubisoft are bringing back the old ones.

Features: Define your own combat style with the free-form fighting system - An intricate new combat system lets you wage battles with no boundaries. Utilize the environment, weapons, and your enemies themselves to develop your own unique fighting style. Plus, a strategic projectile attack system allows for a variety of ranged combat tactics.

Control the ravages of time - Bolster your fighting arsenal with the devastating new combative powers of the Sands of Time, opening up astounding variations in gameplay.

Fight harder, play longer - Hours upon hours of action await in your fight for survival, including various bonus incentives for those who finish the game.

Weapons: Dual sword action - The prince is now able to handle two swords in combat to make things a bit more intresting when it comes to the combat system. This also means double the trouble.

Weapons to choose from - The prince, and his enemies have many weapons to choose from. here is a quick briefing of the weapons you'll be seeing in the game. Swords, axes, maces, daggers, fortune weapons which are, planks, sticks, etc. The swords are upgradeable as you progress throught the story. Remember this is just a quick list of weapons, there are tons more.

Enviroments: Some enviroments that you'll find and be fighting in are Access, Enemy Ship, Inside The Ship, The Island, Library, Mystical Cave, Beach, Pillar, Organic Tower, Training Room, Warp Zone, Entry, and Castle. You'll be dazzled by the graphics, sound, and features of these enviroments such as pickup items, and tons of enemies to fight.

Characters: Characters that you will find in the game are listed here. The Prince, Kaileena, Shadee, The Dahaka, The Old Man, The Empress of Time, Crow Master, Blade Dancer, Executioner, and a lot more enemies will be found while you're playing.

Xbox Live: Another amazing feature, in my opinion that they added to the new Prince of Persia game is the Xbox Live capability. The two choices for gameplay on Xbox Live are Time Attack Mode, and Arena Survival Mode, each offering a very creative and flawless peice of gameplay. In Time Attack Mode players will need to race through the entire map in a set amount of time, killing anything in their path, and using save points to help you out. While Arena Survival Mode you will be pitted against waves of enemies in a small arena room for a challange. The more enemies you kill the more time you have, but if you die, or if you run out of time you lose. Check the leaderboards to see who's in the top ranking for each type of mode.

Well, you have heard my review of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I hoped this has convinced you enough to by the game, or at least rent it and try it out to see if you like it. I know most of you will probably be getting Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones instead of this one, but if you haven't played this game I urge you to play it before you play The Two Thrones, so you know what's happening in it. Also these are my numbers of how I think Warrior Within did as a game...

Graphics - 9/10

Sound - 8.5/10

Gameplay - 9/10

Replay - 8/10

Overall - 8.8/10

To conclude with my review I hope you check this game out, believe me it's worth the money, the retail price is now only going for $19.99 U.S dollars! It's a must buy if I do say so myself, check out other websites about this game, and the official homepage of Prince of Persia. Hope this review helps you decide to get the game or not, but I hope you do! smile.gif

#2 Neilor

Neilor

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:23 PM

When I saw that PoP: The Two Thrones was due for a release I remembered I had Warrior Within, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere...... Anyway to cut a long story short, I gave up on this game pretty quickly, mostly due to the difficulty level at the start, whereas the original PoP eased you into the action, this puppy drops you at the deap-end with concrete boots... the first levels and bosses are an absolute b**ch.

But .... after I stopped comparing this to the original PoP, and started treating it more like your traditional action/boss type game... I got through the choke points... and yes the original PoP is underneath there somewhere, this game is by no means a classic, but if you give it time it's worth it ... thankfully the Two Thrones appears to have fixed some of the problems, but I'm refusing to play it any further than the first few savepoints until I beat Warrior Within. (Of course the next boss I meet might change my mind)

#3 SweBaztard-SmartXX

SweBaztard-SmartXX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Not to be an ass, but PoP:WW is actually the fourth PoP game. smile.gif

#4 n0bi

n0bi

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:49 AM

Isn't it actually the fifth?

I mean, there's:

1. Prince of Persia (Original)
2. Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame (Sequel to Original)
3. Arabian Nights: Prince of Persia 3D
4. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Which would make 'Prince of Persia: Warrior Within' the fifth game in the series.

#5 TheSchonk

TheSchonk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Skateing, Wakeboarding, Wacthing TV, and chilling with my friends.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(n0bi @ Jan 5 2006, 08:56 PM) View Post

Isn't it actually the fifth?

I mean, there's:

1. Prince of Persia (Original)
2. Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame (Sequel to Original)
3. Arabian Nights: Prince of Persia 3D
4. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Which would make 'Prince of Persia: Warrior Within' the fifth game in the series.

are all those games for xbox?

#6 SweBaztard-SmartXX

SweBaztard-SmartXX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(TheSchonk @ Feb 2 2006, 06:20 AM) View Post

are all those games for xbox?

PC and snes.

#7 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

Since we're only talking about xbox games here, I think its alright to refer to them as POP 1,2, and 3. And yes, correcting someone on something that bears no signficance to the post, is being an 'ass'.

#8 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Feb 2 2006, 08:34 PM) View Post

Since we're only talking about xbox games here, I think its alright to refer to them as POP 1,2, and 3. And yes, correcting someone on something that bears no signficance to the post, is being an 'ass'.
Since when is the number in a series concluded by the console the game is released on? blink.gif The games are all watched over by Jordan Mechner, who created the first Prince of Persia. That would conclude that Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is Prince of Persia 6.

-Prince of Persia 1
Released on a lot of systems, including the Xbox. If you look on the Sands of Time Xbox-disc, you will see a seperate folder with some data-files and a default.xbe. Run that file and you will start the first Prince of Persia.

-Prince of Persia 2
Released on some systems, including the Xbox (also the PC, SNES and Macintosh). In some editions of Sands of Time, Prince of Persia 2 is an extra feature and is started in the same way as Prince of Persia 1 for the Xbox.

-Prince of Persia 3D
Only released for the PC. Not much to say about it, since this is the worst Prince of Persia ever. Yes, it's worse than Warrior Within.

-Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Released for PC, Xbox, PS2 and GC (I will not mention the portable games). Instead of using the story-line of the first three games, this game is in an alternative universe with a different Prince.

-Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Released for PC, Xbox, PS2 and GC. Continues the story from Sands of Time.

-Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Released for PC, Xbox, PS2 and GC. Continues the story from the alternative ending of Warrior Within.

As far as I know, The Two Thrones is just Prince of Persia 6. PoP 1 and 2 were also released for the Xbox. wink.gif

#9 SweBaztard-SmartXX

SweBaztard-SmartXX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Feb 3 2006, 11:03 AM) View Post

alot of text

Thanks for clearing everything up, zep.

#10 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:53 AM

I never played the other 2 POP games before, and got this one cause a friend recommended it. I must say it is a very addictive, SOLID game. I finished it, and went and bought the first one and am looking for the second, I can't believe I never gave these games a chance. sad.gif So to anyone looking for a great game to play, you can't go wrong with this one. My 2 pesos. smile.gif

#11 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:27 AM

To be honest I thought this game would be crap WITHOUT me ever looking at it. I got The Two Thrones and INSTANTLY fell in love with the series. Absolutley AWESOME series of games, INSTANT classic in my opinion.

#12 BanjoK

BanjoK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:23 AM

That list of Prince of Persia games is incorrect. Prince of Persia 3D was remade and that remake was called Arabian Nights: Prince of Persia. It was released for the Dreamcast.

#13 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(BanjoK @ Feb 7 2006, 07:30 AM) View Post

That list of Prince of Persia games is incorrect. Prince of Persia 3D was remade and that remake was called Arabian Nights: Prince of Persia. It was released for the Dreamcast.
I checked it and I don't think it's a remake. More like a port. wink.gif

An up-to-date list of the most important PoP-games:

-Prince of Persia 1
Released on a lot of systems, including the Xbox. If you look on the Sands of Time Xbox-disc, you will see a seperate folder called "POP1" with some data-files and a default.xbe. Run that file and you will start the first Prince of Persia.

-Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and The Flame
Released on some systems, including the Xbox (also the PC, SNES and Macintosh). In some editions of Sands of Time, Prince of Persia 2 is an extra feature and is started in the same way as Prince of Persia 1 for the Xbox.

-Prince of Persia 3D (PC title) / Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights (DC title)
Released for the PC and the DC. Not much to say about it, since this is the worst Prince of Persia ever. Yes, it's worse than Warrior Within. The DC-version was horribly slow (according to a walkthrough on GameFAQs).

-Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Released for PC, Xbox, PS2 and GC (I will not mention the portable games). Instead of using the story-line of the first three games, this game is in an alternative universe with a different Prince. You can also unlock the first Prince of Persia for the Xbox in this game. Some releases of this game also contain Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and The Flame. The instructions to unlock them:

Very soon after you get your second sword, you will go down a staircase. The prince will say "rumors say that this palace has been built on another one". You will get in a big room with a lot of space. Jump from platform to platform until you get on a plateau with a single turn-handle, a gate and a breakable wall. Turn the handle so it points to the breakable wall and hit that wall with your sword. The gate behind it will open. When you walk up the stairs, two things can happen:
    1. The game will say that you unlocked Prince of Persia 1. In this case, your disc only contains Prince of Persia 1. You can play it directly after unlocking it or by starting it from the main menu.

2. The game will say that you unlocked Prince of Persia 2. In this case, your disc contains both Prince of Persia 1 and Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and The Flame. You can play Prince of Persia 2 directly after unlocking it or by starting it from the main menu. After you complete the Sands of Time, Prince of Persia 1 will also be unlocked and available from the menu of the game.
I don't know which versions do have Prince of Persia 2 included. Maybe I'll find this out later.

-Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Released for PC, Xbox, PS2 and GC. Continues the story from Sands of Time.

-Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Released for PC, Xbox, PS2 and GC. Continues the story from the alternative ending of Warrior Within.

[edit]
Ironically enough, Prince of Persia 1 for the Xbox seems to be a port of Prince of Persia 1 for the Apple Macintosh. A screenshot of the Apple Macintosh-version can be seen here. This can also be concluded by the " Copyright 1992 Jordan Mechner", which can be seen at the startup screen on the Xbox. The Apple Macintosh-version was also released in 1992.

[edit2]
A quote from Wikipedia:

The game can also be unlocked in the Xbox NTSC version of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time by finding a secret area. The GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox PAL versions of the game lack Prince of Persia 2, with that secret area unlocking the original Prince of Persia early instead.

So if you really want to play Prince of Persia 2 on your Xbox, you should get the NTSC-version.

Edited by The Zep Man, 07 February 2006 - 02:18 PM.

#14 Maertz

Maertz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

i liked the recent one the two thrones it was a good challange. also i tohugh it had some of the better graphic i have seen.

#15 BanjoK

BanjoK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:45 PM

IGN states that Arabian Nights: Prince of Persia is a remake. IGN seems like a credible source. Below is an excerpt of what IGN wrote.

IGN: Arabian Nights: Prince of Persia Review
Remaking the PC version of Prince of Persia 3D for the Dreamcast, this Arabic rendition of Tomb Raider turns out to be better than both of Lara's adventures...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users