• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 spyder2581

spyder2581

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:52 AM

I purchased a modded xbox from someone on this site and was under the impression that it was ready to go. Well when i opened it and turned it on the system works but XBMC doesnt. Under the game saves it shows that XBMC and other programs are on it, but it simply just loads the original os. He said that it worked before he shipped it but i just dont get how it all of a sudden wont. Any help? I say its a scam. It has a switch on it with a xenium chip (model ??). Someone help! I can provide pics if necessary

#2 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:54 AM

Sounds like the xenium chip isn't enabling. You need to fix that first (d0 isn't grounding).

#3 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:54 AM

use a bootdisc to make sure that the xbmc is named correctly. If the bios does not find the .xbe then it will not boot and by default will load xboxdash.xbe.

it will be under the c drive on your xbox.

What bios are you using. They have a boot order. Usually something like this:

avalaunch.xbe
evox.xbe
unleashed.xbe

etc...

read xbmc user guide for installation on how the dash works as a main dash.

#4 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:03 AM

Since he is using a xenium...I assumed that 1.) he never got to the OS and 2.) Quickboot wasn't set up to go to the MS dash originally, thus going to the MS dash because of not grounding. He needs to be a little more clear about what happens whenever he powers up his xbox.

#5 LepPpeR

LepPpeR

Author of Craxtion

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(oxjeremy334 @ Nov 28 2005, 02:10 AM) View Post

Since he is using a xenium...I assumed that 1.) he never got to the OS and 2.) Quickboot wasn't set up to go to the MS dash originally, thus going to the MS dash because of not grounding. He needs to be a little more clear about what happens whenever he powers up his xbox.

Agreed, Can you go to the XeniumOS and see what is going on?

#6 spyder2581

spyder2581

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:53 PM

I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff. I am going to try and read up on what to do from what you are saying but any other help would be appreciated. Thanks for the answers guys (even though i really dont know where to start) and i guess i need to do some more research.

#7 The Third Man

The Third Man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:55 PM

try powering up with the eject button

does that take you to the Xenium OS?

#8 spyder2581

spyder2581

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(The Third Man @ Nov 28 2005, 10:02 AM) View Post

try powering up with the eject button

does that take you to the Xenium OS?

No

#9 The Third Man

The Third Man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:37 PM

well, i'll take a guess that maybe the guy who installed the chip used a solderless adaptor. in that case, the d0 could have very easily became dislodged during shipping. if that is the case, it's not hard to fix but you will have to crack open the xbox and take a look.

like i said, that is just a guess. if you see a xbmc save in your saved data, then it seems likely that xbmc was running at one time, so the chip is probably installed, and you need to fix the d0.

#10 spyder2581

spyder2581

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(The Third Man @ Nov 28 2005, 10:44 AM) View Post

well, i'll take a guess that maybe the guy who installed the chip used a solderless adaptor. in that case, the d0 could have very easily became dislodged during shipping. if that is the case, it's not hard to fix but you will have to crack open the xbox and take a look.

like i said, that is just a guess. if you see a xbmc save in your saved data, then it seems likely that xbmc was running at one time, so the chip is probably installed, and you need to fix the d0.

Thanks for the advice....I opened it up to find out that the d0 wire isnt soldered to the motherboard anymore. All i have to do is find a soldering gun to solder it back on. Thanks a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users