• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hiro

hiro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:43 AM

Hi, i'm a newbie with xbox and i'm having some errors with my set. I saw this forum and thought that the experienced are really helpful. So i hope that i can get some help over here. I'm having a xbox system error 16 in my console and i've tried to read some of the related topics in the forum but i can hardly understand the terms used.

I upgraded my set with the ‘Apple XVII' chip not long ago and i got a system error 16 on the screen. I read about the hotswaping of HD here but i dun know how to actually go about it.

What i have at the moment is the broken xbox set, a new mod xbox set, a evox boot disc. How do i go about solving the error? Please help..

#2 VINEMO+MIKE

VINEMO+MIKE

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:52 AM

ERROR 16 IS USUALY A DASHBOARD ERROR either with your setings or a wrong file.

You`ll need to be more specific about what setup you have and what you`re attpemted to do so far.................

#3 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE(VINEMO+MIKE @ Nov 28 2005, 05:59 AM) View Post

ERROR 16 IS USUALY A DASHBOARD ERROR either with your setings or a wrong file.

16 - dashboard - Clock cannot be set.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=167408

Read the rest there.

#4 hiro

hiro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:40 AM

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply and i really appreciate it. However, as i followed through all the instructions, i still couldn't get it fixed.

This is what happened:

Initially, i got the error 16, and i tried swapping to the hdd with one of my working xbox. first, i unlock the hdd on the working xbox using slayer evox disc, i took the hdd out, place it to my broken xbox. But nothing happens when i tried to boot the xbox. it just stopped at where the xbox logo came out. after that, i remove the hdd and put my old hdd back to the broken xbox, but it came out error 7.

then, i tried everything on the error 7 solution. checked the ide cable, replaced hdd, set the jumper to cable select/master...but it still stayed at error 7...

can anyone enlighten me please......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users