8 replies to this topic

#1 Malirk

Malirk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:32 PM

So my xbox was stolen and I think I've found it at a place that trades video games. Here come the questions:

I had an Xecuter 3 chip on mine... how common is that?

I modded my xbox so that the start up screen would go blue instead of green... is that common?

When the guy booted it up it didn't go to the startup menu mine always did where at the bottom youd have to pick, launch dashboard... mine use to do that (Is that a sign it isnt mine)

Im going to check to see if the metal sheilding on the top case if ripped off and if the screws and pads are not on it (I believe these will be big signs its mine... are they?)

The last thing I want to do is start blaming this guy that hes bought my stolen xbox (He says he bought it from some guy he knows who needed cash and the guys uncle modded it)

FINAL QUESTION? Who would sell their modded xbox???? If they didn't have another... its the easiest way to save cash if you are a gamer.........

#2 T-Bagz

T-Bagz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:38 PM

Well they sell a lot of Chips, so I think you may find a couple of them out there. Do the chips carry a serial number? If you could find out your serial number from where you bought it, and then compare it, then you would know for sure.

Of course they could have done something as stupid as not wiped the saved games, if you check those and see one with your name on it, that would be proof enough.

#3 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:42 PM

X3 chips...fairly common.
Modded animation...fairly common. Mine was blue, then yellow, then...
Missing shielding or rubber pads are no guarantee that it's yours either.

Lots of people sell their modded boxes. Just look at the B/S/T. Especially with the 360 coming out.

I hate to say it but you're probably S.O.L.
The real crapper is that it very likely is yours, but without some unique marking like your social security # engraved inside the case or something, there's no way of knowing.

#4 Malirk

Malirk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

I think they might have whipped the games... it loaded to a different dashboard... one I didnt recongize. Basically the dashboard looked like the standard start screen for xbox but modified (Last I heard they had this dashboard in beta and it was very likely it would crash your xbox)

I think there is a chance the person may have loaded some shit like that on my xbox and fucked it over and then tried to sell it to get cash.

Whats the name of this dash??? It looks like orginal xbox boot screen (When you have no game in and it goes to the menus) Will it destroy your xbox?

Well I know it had a WD 80 in it and a Thompson I believe.... The metal sheilding was taken out and I never put the screws or pads back on.

Also who would sell their xbox 7 months ago? X3 was the newest and most awesome mod... wouldnt they go to ebay?

#5 Chedawan

Chedawan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

If this guy is going to let you pop it open and check the shielding, while you're in there, could you check what version mobo it has? could you take a photo and then check it against the version finder on x-s later? Won't prove it's yours, but might easily put your mind at ease that it isn't, if it's a different version to the one you've modded... also if you added a larger hdd, while it's open you could check to see if it's the same make/size as the one you put in.
I'm not sure how likely it would be that someone would steal your box, and then have the knowledge to change the dash before selling it on... in the grand scheme it is a fairly niche hobby we're into... not impossible, but I would say unlikely, I know that doesn't help you any, but just thought it worth a mention.

As a last resort you didn't back up a dump of your eeprom on your computer did you? Though if it is yours, he's unlikely to let you check that I would've thought.

Anyhow good luck on getting your box back!

#6 T-Bagz

T-Bagz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:57 PM

It was probably just a different skin. Did it look like the Blackbolt Classic on http://www.allxboxskins.com/

I don't know if the guy is going to let you get inside to have a peek, especially since that would put him in possesion of stolen property wink.gif

#7 Alex548

Alex548

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

Doesn't matter if it's stolen property. The xbox has been modified and upgraded so that it can run unsigned code (play backup games). Can't exactly call the police & tell them someone stole your modified xbox which has an X3 modchip (with illegal BIOS).

Anyway, that chip is very common and so are the dashboards.

#8 Malirk

Malirk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for all your help guys, Im going to go back and check the xbox again with some pictures... I hope this guy doesn't get too pissed... there is a detective assigned to my case... might end up going down there with him.

#9 livoto

livoto

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:50 PM

So do you guys think its mine?

Like what percent of modded xboxs have a C3 in them?

There is also a police report:-p, the guy said he got it 8-9 month ago (he was just talking off the top of his head) Mine was stolen on May 7th...

I had a thompson drive and a version 1.0 with solder in the holes.

So if all that adds up... Im thinking its mine... I kinda feel like a dick though... because the detective and I are going to go down there tomorrow.

Anyone have any other advice... would it really be all that common to have an x3 chip (is it the most common?) The chip is barely a year old... so the guy basically must've modded it and sold it. (if it isnt mine) Also this store is like 5 miles from campus... seems fishy to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users