• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrChief

MrChief

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:37 PM

My xbox is not modded yet but i'm going to mod it soon with a DuoX 2 chip. My xbox has a thompson drive, and i heard that it usually doesn't read cd-r(w)'s. So my question is: how do put Evolution-X dashboard/bios on the xbox if i can't use burned cd's?

thanks

#2 Malirk

Malirk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

it is my understanding that you should not use a cheap CD... you might want to even go with a DVD. You'll have to use Nero and create an Image... when I did mine my first time I believe I had a thompson in mine... it took awhile... Im talking almost an hour of booting and rebooting... its the hell you have to go through to mod an xbox.

All xboxs are modable... so just use a higher quality CD.

#3 T-Bagz

T-Bagz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

My Thompson reads DVD's fine, but wont read CD-R's. Pre-Modded, I was able to watch DVD's that I had made, so if you have the capacity, you could check it out before hand.

#4 Shadow3223

Shadow3223

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Modding, Halo, Xbox Live, Xbox 360, DOA, making new mods on my Xbox...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:45 PM

You must burn in a CD-RW the image of the bootable version of EvoX so you can use it. Also you must have a Chip or a Softmodded HDD so this disk can boot, since the M$ D@sh doesn't allow unsecured media.

#5 MrChief

MrChief

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:58 PM

Ok when the chip is installed i'll try a good quality cd-rw. i hope it works smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users