• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 semcnm

semcnm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:14 AM

Yeah i got an xbox here . It is modded . The question is how and with what . I am assuming it has been modded on the software side as i have taken this box apart and dont see nothing new inside . I checked the regular place for the mods and there is no extra board or wireing . Not sure where the bios is however i am sure you can point me in the right direction on that one .
Here is some of the info i have gathered .
test to see what verion of xbox i have
step 1 #3 xbox brand
step 2 #1 samsung
step 3 You have a xbox v 1.6

i get this ugly opa bird on start up

under applications
dvdx2 dongle free
file explorer
px hdd loader

dash version 0.36.0620a

system info
k:1.00.5838.01
d:1.00.5659.03

This thing is modded as it plays dvd and plays backups in ntsc or pal formats .
Basically i am here because i want to upgrade it if i can to stop some games from freezing . Haveing problems with american wasteland freezing . Any help will be great . Thanks guys .

#2 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 November 2005 - 02:17 AM

It Looks like Your Xbox Is modded with A Softmod Exploit that Uses Pheonx Bios Loader. But lots of xploits use PBL so its hard to tell exactly wich one.

#3 semcnm

semcnm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 02:29 AM

K that told me enough to know more then likely it is soft modded . Now the question is has the bios been changed ? Removed and replaced or does it reside on the hard drive ? And from what i am gathering dash version 0.36.0620a refers to unleash x . Should i be able to ftp in and back up everything on the hard drive and just send up a new version of unleash x .
The problem i am haveing with freezing isnt due to temperature or anything like that . And at first i thought it was the disk but i tryed replaceing the whole copy of american wasteland with a downloaded version and i still freeze in the same spot .

Is there a way to find out what verion of mod is running . i noticed how you have all the info for yours .

#4 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 November 2005 - 02:36 AM

Can you tell me the name of the softmod if you happen to have the name? Or if you have the Internet hooked up just Look through the optoions of UX and it has an Auto Update Feature. And Update through that.

#5 semcnm

semcnm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:11 AM

I have no idea what soft mod is on it for sure and as for updateing i cant find an update thing and aswell i always get that error screen my machine needs service . Although the machine shows my static ip and aswell that the ftp is on . Is there any files i can download off the drive that will help ?

#6 semcnm

semcnm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:40 PM

ok i found xbox bios checker ver 5.0 it tells me for the 512 k bios unknown on both strings . and for the 256k bioses all 4 are retail 5838.01 .
So the question is can the onboard bios be flashed . Has this one been flashed ?
Remember there doesnt seem to be any mods internally .

#7 semcnm

semcnm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:14 PM

k so now my box is dead . i ftp'd evox V1.8.3285 over to the box and then i loaded the default file . First thing i done was run the backup . And then i copyed the backup to my pc . I restarted the xbox and i got nothing but an error screen . i didnt flash the bios or nothing . just backup .

#8 semcnm

semcnm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:22 AM

Ok so i had error 21 couldnt load nothing all i got was the boot screen and error 21 .
And all is back to origional thank goodness for the backups i took .
Now back to trying to mod this thing with newer software .

#9 prominator

prominator

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:37 AM

that means that you erase some inportan files on the xbox hhd

0 user(s) are reading this topic