• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mojo8472

mojo8472

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:22 PM

Ok, so heres what happened: Both me and my friend have Softmodded Xboxes (v1.0). My friend accidentally left his box unplugged for about 5 days, so his clock battery died and he got an error 16. I looked around on the net to see how to fix the err16. Eventually, under the advice from another forum member, I decided to restore the MS dash to my HDD, unlock it and put my HDD in his box, to set the time...neglecting to tell me I needed a modchip to be able to use the unlocked drive! So now I have a load of errors on both xboxes!
Ive heard that a modchip will solve the problem of both the unlocked HDD (err5+6) and the clock problem (err16). Could anyone tell me how to go about this, what BIOS, etc..?
Thanks

#2 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:41 PM

Did you backup the eeprom.bin on these? If so then get xboxhdm 1.9 and you can use it to lock and unlock your HD.

#3 Faith89

Faith89

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:26 AM

I'm in a similar boat. I did the softmod and loaded unleashx on the xbox, after the softmod I loaded a game and it tried to update my dash so I got error 13, then without thinking I unplugged the xbo and now I get error 16, I took the hard disk out and I have a old mac G3, and I plugged it in and it doesn't access it :angry: so my main question is are there any mac tools that allow you to access the drive? I just want my god damn xbox back :(

#4 saunders73

saunders73

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:30 AM

your mac doesnt read the drive because the HDD is locked to the xbox's motherboard therefore cannot be read or accessed from anything else but that particular motherboard unless it is unlocked

#5 mojo8472

mojo8472

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

Yes, the EEPROM is on my PC, but i cant open it up to put the HDD in as its not actualy my computer. What BIOS for a modchip would I need to get past the Locking thing and the Time check thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users