#1 kikwearsk8er

kikwearsk8er

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:49 AM

when i try to launch madde 06 it will freez on the mxm dashboard and will freez in the game is it the dash or the game that is causing this

#2 krick2000

krick2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:49 PM

might not be mxm, check to see how hot the cpu is running. you might just overheating. i have seen script that will allow you to ajust the fan speed. stock fan speed is 20% and if you added a new 7200 harddrive than it will have problems with the extra heat.
http://www.allxboxsk...m/resources.php go to thumb/script menu on side, scroll down till you see fan speed

#3 tnbigdawg

tnbigdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:15 AM

I found MXM was too buggy so I switched to UnleashX. Almost the same features and very stable.

Freezing in the dash:
Are you using any preview videos or thumbnails? Make sure the XML is pointed to the right files; then reset the cache. Make sure the video has the right encoding. Did you tripple check your XML to make sure you have the correct Tags and end Tags? I also found MXM buggy when browsing for a game/app that didn't have a save folder yet; it would crash.

Freezing during game:
I'm assuming the game is being run from the HDD. How did you upload the game to the HDD? Some apps upload games and exclude some files to save space. Some apps just miss some files durring uploading, so use an uploading specific app since that's their main focus durring developement. I always upload my games with ACL turned off in DVD2Xbox.
1st try deleting the gamesave and cache and see if that fixed your problem.
2nd if that didn't work, then try reloading the ORIGINAL game disc to the HDD with DVD2Xbox using ACL disabled.
3rd if that didn't work then try the original game from the DVD drive.

I really recommend you to convert to something like UnleashX since MXM is no longer a supported dash. All the bugs will never be fixed until someone starts work on it again....but it seems unlikely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users