Photo

N00b Here, I Need To Know If There Is A Solder-less Chip.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 XxEastside13xX

XxEastside13xX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:07 AM

I know its probably on the main site, but there is just too much info there so I figured I would ask here. I want to buy an xbox this christmas and I wanted to get a chip that required absolutely no soldering at all. I had a PS2 and I bought a top of the line chip (DM3) for it and tried installing it myself. Needless to say I messed my PS2. I dont want to fry a brand new xbox and I dont want to pay a ridiculous amount to have it installed.

I guess I could try to install a modchip again, and if I fry the xbox I could always try to do the swap trick at wal-mart or something. Im 18 though and am afraid that I might get caught, because i've heard that they've started cracking down on "swappers". Thats why i'd prefer a solderless chip.

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:10 AM

For the price of a solderless chip you can probably get someone in your area to solder in and setup a chip for you. Most will install for $20-25+chip.

#3 XxEastside13xX

XxEastside13xX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:14 AM

I live in a small rural town about 80 miles outside of atlanta, so I dont think i'd find one close by. I guess I could try atlanta if I was really desperate but what would I need to do to search for somebody who would intall one for me. I also wouldnt want them to install a modchip unless they offered a guarantee not to fry my xbox.

So is there a no-solder chip then? If so how much is it, as long as its around $50 dollars.

#4 Vayate

Vayate

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:19 AM

Sure. You can get the the Xecuter 3 or Xenium ICE (my favorite) with solderless solutions for just under $60 (BMMods has free ground shipping too!). Both are top-of-the-line, high-quality chips made by the top two Xbox chip makers. They are stable, reliable, and idiot-proof. I recommend both without question.

Edited by Vayate, 30 November 2005 - 05:20 AM.

#5 XxEastside13xX

XxEastside13xX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:40 AM

Dang(dont know if you can curse), im gonna look into that Xenium chip. Its a few bucks cheaper than the other one because the other one requires a 23$ adapter I believe. anyway you mentioned the xenium was your favorite, I supposed you've installed one before? How hard was it and does it have the full functions other traditional chips have?

I know its a stupid question, but I dont know anything about the xbox, but with the Xenium do you think I could play roms and do all the other neat things I have heard about?

#6 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:48 AM

It says "PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST" for a reason:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=399085

All your basic answers there, and then some. Please read it, and then feel free to come back with a much more focused question.

Closed: Legwork needed.

Edit: Oh, and if you don't know if it's okay to curse then you haven't read the Rules. Start there. Trust me on this one..

http://pictures.xbox...rules/Rules.htm

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=121451

Edited by Xombe, 30 November 2005 - 05:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users