justin_k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:23 AM

Anyone had a problem with Q4 crashing during the single player level loads? I've played about 10 xbox live multiplayer matches with no problems whatsoever. Last night, decided to give singleplayer a spin, played through level 1 ok, went to loading screen for the next segment (With the scrolling green Quake background), it freezes before the next portion is loaded (Right before it would normally say Press A to continue). I have 7 360 games and this is the ONLY game that is giving me problems. I even swapped it out for a new disc at CompUSA today and the problem persists. Also tried deleting any saved data on my HDD, still crashes. Any ideas?

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:25 AM

I put a solid 5 to 6 hours into the game when I had it and it never once exhibited any problems.

#3 justin_k

justin_k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

=(

I'm just puzzled as to why this particular game is giving me hell and my 6 other games work just fine.

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(justin_k @ Nov 30 2005, 03:02 AM) View Post

=(

I'm just puzzled as to why this particular game is giving me hell and my 6 other games work just fine.

The Strogg are out to get you uhh.gif

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

i played for maybe a half hour and didnt run into any problems

#6 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:17 PM

Is this game good?

I am confused gamespot give it a 6.4 and IGN give it an 8.1

but then gamespot give GUN a 6.1 and IGN give GUN a 7.9 weird

#7 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:21 PM

you're going to have to rent it to find out.

Nothing anyone here says should make the decision for you. I haven't liked the series since Quake 2, and this game is a little of that and Doom III in my opinion.

I never thought I'd like it as much as I do, you have to try it is all.

#8 djohng

djohng

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:36 AM

I have the same problem with level 1 during the loading screen. It locked several times. I tried a couple of things, even tried to clean the disk. It finally loaded the next level. ...but it happened again on the very next section...locks while loading.

I don't have any other games with this issue. I would guess it's an bug in the game or just a bad batch of disks.

#9 prankfurter

prankfurter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(justin_k @ Nov 30 2005, 03:30 AM) View Post

Anyone had a problem with Q4 crashing during the single player level loads? I've played about 10 xbox live multiplayer matches with no problems whatsoever. Last night, decided to give singleplayer a spin, played through level 1 ok, went to loading screen for the next segment (With the scrolling green Quake background), it freezes before the next portion is loaded (Right before it would normally say Press A to continue). I have 7 360 games and this is the ONLY game that is giving me problems. I even swapped it out for a new disc at CompUSA today and the problem persists. Also tried deleting any saved data on my HDD, still crashes. Any ideas?

i had this problem as well... crash during the loads... happend maybe 2-3 times in the many hours i played. like you only in single player loading levels. I never had any problems in any of the other games i have played. I think its something with the game... its very random but always in the loading of a new level

and as for the goodness of the game... the framerate isn't tight enough for my liking. sloppy port it could have been done a lot better. look at COD2. and yeah its very doom 3 like... lots of hallways...

Edited by prankfurter, 11 December 2005 - 08:15 AM.

#10 AnC

AnC

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:43 AM

maybe its because the 360 doesnt feel that Pos rushed un-optimized PC port deserves to be running through its silicon..

or maybe its just a buggy port. tongue.gif (it really is)

#11 tnil

tnil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Nov 30 2005, 09:24 AM) View Post

Is this game good?

I am confused gamespot give it a 6.4 and IGN give it an 8.1

but then gamespot give GUN a 6.1 and IGN give GUN a 7.9 weird

I know how you feel. Quake 4 on PC is awesome. I am such an ID fan though, I had to buy it on the 360 as well, regardless of the reviews. I haven't played it yet because I have 3 other games I'm playing right now, but I'll check it out and let you know.

I usually like gamespot reviews more than others, but I may be in disagreement with them about Q4. You are right, there are so many mixed reviews about 360 games.

We'll see...I'll post as soon as I check it out.

#12 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:31 AM

i just rented this one... glad i have the gamepass

the framerate arghhh! and it doesnt even look that great. after seeing some of the bumpmapping and texture effects in kameo and condemened this game looks pretty rough. i really couldnt get into the game play. not hatin, just stuff that irks me after playin some gems.

#13 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:26 PM

I've had 1 problem with this game and thank goodness it didn't screw my saves up... I went to save somewhere on the last level (in the NEXUS) and it froze... stuck the the don't turn off console message... I bet I left it there for over an hour... never would do a thing... finally tried any and all button combos i could think of and still nothing... had to turn off my 360 with the ring of light button... booted back up and the save i was trying to save wasn't there... luckly everything else was fine and finished up the game (WOHOO!!!) now I just need to go back and the other difficulty levels... blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users