Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:46 PM

In PDZ on the 4th stage, the oriental snow stage, during the beginning in-game cut-scene the frame-rate is terribly choppy. Did anyone else experience this? Just curious if it is my 360, or just the game. Surprised if it is indeed the game chugging.

Also, please state whether your running in HD, or not.

Edited by Foe-hammer, 30 November 2005 - 02:12 PM.

#2 grkfire

grkfire

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:04 PM

Yeah sorta....the game engine hiccupped just a few times for me, no major slowdown though.

#3 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:10 PM

These are major frame rate issues, slows down to about 3 fps as the camera spans up the mountain, until it reaches the guard taking a pee, then it stops having problems all together.

#4 prankfurter

prankfurter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

yeah for me the game frequently slows down during cutscenes but never during gameplay...

gamespot mentioned it as well in there review of it. so i think its safe to say its not you just the game.... :/

#5 richie579

richie579

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:17 PM

for me the camera stutters a bit panning upward....about the same as the other cutscenes so far in the game, HD 1080i crt over here...

#6 wasting

wasting

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:36 PM

same, choppy video as panning up in HD, could really care less though havent experienced anything ingame

#7 Interfire

Interfire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

Hmm weird, was perfectly fine for me during that cut scene.

Does it do it everytime?

Edit: Running HD 1080i

Edited by Interfire, 30 November 2005 - 03:09 PM.

#8 crobar

crobar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

ive seen the cut scenes get choppy a few times
not this particular one but others...the first cut scene most notibly.

#9 violent_bong

violent_bong

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

Yeah, mine get's extremely choppy, it's really bad for me, and I have also had slowdown in game, and multiple freezes with this game, overall the game is very good, but I am very disappointed with these problems, but the game was rushed, so it's not Rare's fault..
Ohh yeah, and I'm running on a 51' 1080i CRT RP over here too.

#10 hugoboss1

hugoboss1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:GAMING,HUNTING.SHOOTING,KILLING,AND GAMING.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:38 PM

Are you guys plaing in hd...because when i first got the 360 i went to my cousins house and he doesnt have an hd we plaed fifa and pdo.

when i got home and plugged in the hd the soccer for ex.on his tv the crowed looked blurred and on my hd you can see the crowds way better before it was a blured but on hd you can make out the individual.720p native.

Edited by hugoboss1, 30 November 2005 - 09:39 PM.

#11 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:38 AM

i honestly skip all the cut scenes in PDZ, the game is too fun to play, i can't stand to wait and watch. i'll check it out though when i get home and let you know. the only major problem i've really noticed with PDZ are the damn lines in pretty much every level, every part, etc etc. so annoying seeing those white lines on corners, only if they had more time to complete the game, i would cry at it's perfectness. gameplay makes up for any issues with graphics though, when 2 people are playing and they are doing different parts of the mission - WOW, feels so covert op style ;p

#12 BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:39 AM

I'm actually having some visual issues on the 4th stage of PDZ also. Right after the cut scene, at the beginning of the level, there's that slope you must climb. Once you get to the top of the slope, you come to a circular archway with two very bright lights on either side of the archway. When I look from left to right (or right to left) I notice some very visible horizontal tearing, I guess you would call it (choppy horizontal lines). This only happens in areas with bright lights, besides that it runs smoothly with some framerate issues here and there. I would like to know if anyone else has noticed this because I am not sure if this is just because of poor game development on Rare's part, or if it's my actual 360. I'm running on an EDTV at 480p btw.

#13 violent_bong

violent_bong

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:47 AM

Yeah I am on a 1080i HDTV and I get the same thing, horizontal 'tearing' or whatever it's called...it's not too bad, but at times it is. the worst I know of is mission 05 I believe? the one where you escape from the guys hideout place or whatever... anyways, when you first get outside, if you rush out there as fast as you can, the game lags really really badly, like worse than I have ever seen on XBL...also in this level, the part where you have to demo the wall....I had some sound glitches there too...high pitch noises and weird fucked up sounds..instead of gunfire, melee, and walking sounds...it was really fucked up.

#14 mikedavis2838

mikedavis2838

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:12 AM

i am playing it on samsung DLP 720p and the game runs very smooth even during cutscenes.

#15 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE(mikedavis2838 @ Nov 30 2005, 10:19 PM) View Post

i am playing it on samsung DLP 720p and the game runs very smooth even during cutscenes.

Try loading up stage 4 then, if you have gotten that far, and see if the in-game intro (when the camera pans up the mountain to where the guard is peeing) is choppy. Because i didn't notice any framerate issues until this, and it was terrible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users