86 replies to this topic

#1 gxnoob

gxnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:24 AM

ok, heres the deal

I have a box v1.6a, I got a spider gx, got it installed with little problems, got the right bios flashed with little problems (X2 5035 512k) AND got the slayers auto installer to install slayers with no problems with my new 80gb Seagate hard drive in.

BUT NOW no apps run on slayers. I have tried everything involving putting more pressure on my chip in different places to make it work, and re-installing slayers and even my bios. I am stuck right now and have no idea what to do. HACk DA BOX HELP!!!!

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:14 PM

This seems to be a common problem ... Have you trired flashing the Evox M8 Plus V1.6 Bios to bank 1 ?

Flashing the Evox M8 Plus V1.6 bios !

HackDaBox !

#3 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:25 PM

Hello everyone ,

Can everyone that has the " No apps will load " problem please report here with the xbox model and which bios you are using !

For example:

V1.6b
X2 5035 ( bank 3 )

If you are using the X2 5035 bios on ( Bank 3 ) please try flashing the Evox M8 Plus V1.6 bios to ( Bank 1 ) and see if that helps you at all ...

Flashing the Evox M8 Plus V1.6 bios !

Skip down to the Flashing part ( near the bottom of the link )

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 01 December 2005 - 03:28 PM.

#4 hurricane

hurricane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:27 PM

Version = 1.6

Bios = X2 5035 Apps will not load but backups work fine. XBMC works fine if you use it to boot to.

Tried flashing M8 Plus v16 countless times to Bank1 and Bank2 and it has never worked.

SPIDERGX SUXS!!!!!!! DO NOT BY THIS CHIP!!!!!!!

#5 gxnoob

gxnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

yes the m8+16 didnt work the only thing that worked was x2 5035, i got that one to load and everyting, but after i put slayers on, it shows the dashboard and looks like its all good but it just wont load anything, its really wierd. my freinds that also have modded xboxs says they have never seen it before..

The people that had the same problem i guess had a problem with thier chip sitting right on the board, but that is not a problem with mine.

If the bios loads on the M$ startup screen does that mean that the bios will work with slayers and everything?

thanks HACK DA BOX!

#6 orlandu

orlandu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(HackDaBox @ Dec 1 2005, 02:32 PM) View Post

Hello everyone ,

Can everyone that has the " No apps will load " problem please report here with the xbox model and which bios you are using !

v1.6
X2 5035 (bank 3)
EvoX M8+ 16 (bank 1)
EvoX M8+ 16 Yoshihiro debug 256K (bank 1)

#7 gxnoob

gxnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

v 1.6
bank 3- x2 5035
Bank 1- m8 1.6

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN A V1.6 XBOX TO COMPLETELY WORK WITH THE SPIDER GX? SLAYERS AND ALL..?/??

#8 crypysmoker

crypysmoker

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:57 PM

heres what I did because the chip is picky.

I had a 1.6b for my friend.... the bios/webos thing that is on the chip is just crap. there is barley anythign that works right now till they update.....

BUt I took a new harddrive and put it in my xenium chipped xbox, reverted the 120 gig HDD to stock (yes you can do it and it does not screw anythign up unless its over 137 gigs) also DO NOT LOCK THE HDD TO THE SECOND XBOX.
then I put it in the 1.6 b xbox and locked it through the chip, then I just went and put the splinter cell exploit files on through the memory card and soft modded my 100 gig HDD like it was a stock.

no problems since. I know it seems like a lot, but this is the only thing I came up with. I was on the first list of when the spidergx came out, I got mine 2 days after it was released so mune may be different, but it works and this is what I did after almost 2 months of trying it with just the spidergx chip.

hope it helped a little sad.gif

#9 orlandu

orlandu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(orlandu @ Dec 1 2005, 07:42 PM) View Post

v1.6
X2 5035 (bank 3)
EvoX M8+ 16 (bank 1)
EvoX M8+ 16 Yoshihiro debug 256K (bank 1)

Sorry, I should have noted (though I've already posted on this subject) that with either M8+, I can run applications if I use the EvoX dash, and reboot from the EvoX dash menu before trying to launch the application. However, stuff doesn't always work right (for example, XBMC launched from the EvoX dash after rebooting won't play most videos, but it will work if I use the X2 BIOS and run XBMC as dash).

Can anyone else with a 1.6 Xbox and these application problems try to replicate this?

Install the EvoX M8+ BIOS to bank 1
Install the EvoX dashboard (by CD if necessary)
Boot to the EvoX dash
Choose reboot from the menu
Try and run your application (not a game!) from the dash menu
If it works, see if it behaves as you'd expect, or if it freezes up at some point

#10 chronotrigger681

chronotrigger681

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:27 PM

OK ive had my spider for around a month on my 1.6 im on house arrest so i have a whole lotta time on my hands when im not working...ive tried just about everything ,every bios and dashes mentiond anywhere in any of the spidergx forums with this chip, with the exception of the method above that cryptsmoker used.This chip has the one major problem that there seems to be NO TOTAL FIX 4!! i got lucky and i sent my chip back and got my refund this is the best thing that could happen to you if you have one as well! With out this site where would we all be...lost in the dark. THANK YOU XSCENE!! read up on this site...then buy yourself a chip!!!
-xenium spice here i come!!!

#11 gxnoob

gxnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(orlandu @ Dec 2 2005, 03:29 PM) View Post

Sorry, I should have noted (though I've already posted on this subject) that with either M8+, I can run applications if I use the EvoX dash, and reboot from the EvoX dash menu before trying to launch the application. However, stuff doesn't always work right (for example, XBMC launched from the EvoX dash after rebooting won't play most videos, but it will work if I use the X2 BIOS and run XBMC as dash).

Can anyone else with a 1.6 Xbox and these application problems try to replicate this?

Install the EvoX M8+ BIOS to bank 1
Install the EvoX dashboard (by CD if necessary)
Boot to the EvoX dash
Choose reboot from the menu
Try and run your application (not a game!) from the dash menu
If it works, see if it behaves as you'd expect, or if it freezes up at some point

I did this exactly as you said and it is still freezing on the "Loading...Please Wait" screen

#12 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:19 AM

Just to clear up a couiple of things !

If it freezes on the X2 5025 bios loading screen then you need to install a dashboard. Try booting Slayer's Auto Installer or Auto Installer Deluxe and installing a dashboard !

But if you can boot your dashboard but you can't launch any other apps then i want you to post here !

Also V1.6 is not enought info as there are 2 versions ... could you please let me know if you have a V1.6a or V1.6b

Xbox V1.6a has samsung ram chips on the motherboard

Xbox V1.6b has hynix ram chips on the motherboard

HackDaBox !

Ps hopefully all these issues will be fixed soon ... I have a few guys trying various things right now to sort out these issues !

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 03 December 2005 - 06:21 AM.

#13 orlandu

orlandu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(gxnoob @ Dec 2 2005, 10:58 PM) View Post

I did this exactly as you said and it is still freezing on the "Loading...Please Wait" screen

Thanks for trying, gxnoob! However I'm a little puzzled by the screen you're getting stuck on - are you getting into the dashboard at all? The latest EvoX dash I could find (3935 I think) has an application loading screen which is just a big green EvolutionX logo, there aren't any other words. Could you please clarify?

HackDaBox, my box is a 1.6a.

Edited by orlandu, 03 December 2005 - 11:23 AM.

#14 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:38 PM

It depends on the SKIN you have choosen in Evox , alot of SKINS do have " Loading Please Wait "

HackDaBox !

#15 gxnoob

gxnoob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:46 PM

I have a 1.6a as well.

Im getting the slayers dashboard to load, its just when I try to run XBMP or any of the apps it goes to the loading screen(varys depending on the skin that you have) and freezes. At this point I have treid about everything. The only bios that works with 1.6a is x2 5035 that i have found, and the chip sitting on the board is not a problem.

I think 2 things might be the problem:
1: On the spidergx OS it says "Xbox Version : 1.0-1.5" (ours bieng 1.6a)
2: When I boot the Xbox with the chip in the "off" position my box gives me the 05 error.

Those are my only ideas so far, but the wierd thing is that even though the xbox gives me the 05 error eith the chip off, it will still load games and with the chip on it works. Wierd?

Thanks alot guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users