• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 thecheekymonkey

thecheekymonkey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:31 PM

just wondering how many players for this game :-

number of players, on multiplayer (one 360)
number of players per 360 on system link
number of players per 360 on xbox live

is it 4 way split screen all the way? like halo on live and system link etc etc

cheers

#2 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:54 PM

4 on split screen. 16 on system link and 8 on xbox live wink.gif ... dont ask why they did only 8on live but i hope they somehow make a patch if thats even possible... they messed up live real bad. its still a great game though...
if any1 is wondering how they messed up live in my oppinion
1.hard to join friends games
2.cant pick your map
3.no clans
4.only 8 players
5.has ranked games but doesnt show your rank?
dont get me wrong this game is great and i love it but i think they should try fixing those minor probloms.

#3 ShadowElitePro

ShadowElitePro

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 <br />Football<br />Airsoft<br />Xbox 360
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:00 AM

Ya there pre game lobbys suck.

#4 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:06 AM

i still cant believe i cant have people on my 360 playing on LIVE, pissed me off!

#5 thecheekymonkey

thecheekymonkey

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:10 AM

ok, thanks for the info.

so , on xbox live, 8 people only, with only one person per xbox ????

if so thats feckin shite. why o why do they make superb games and then leave some of the most fundamental things out. beggars belief, and makes you ask the question..........rushed???

the thing is, i would of thought they would trying to get as many people in a game of cod2 as possible, because to me, thats what makes this game brill, so many people, dying all the time, straight back into the action.

ah well, humbug

#6 XboxIguana

XboxIguana

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:GIRLS 'n GAMES!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:38 AM

I always thought how PS2 games could only hold 16 people copared to Xbox games holding 32 people was bad. Eight! people per game online is just retarted and is the only factor that is making me not want to buy this game.

#7 nectar12

nectar12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:29 AM

i dont know guys.. 16 people might be a bit much on live.. lots of cod2 games ive played on live with 6 - 8 people have been extremely laggy.
i havent tried playing on kai yet though..
kai seems like the way to go with this game cause all aspects of the game are customizable and you can keep playing with the same people.

Edited by nectar12, 02 December 2005 - 04:31 AM.

#8 Flagg3

Flagg3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:20 AM

The ridiculous part about system link is that, while it does support 16 players, there can only be 1 per box!! The game supports 4 player split screen, so why on earth doesn't it support split screen in system link? Do they honestly expect people to hook up 16 360's on 16 different TVs to play COD2?

Flagg

#9 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(Flagg3 @ Dec 2 2005, 11:27 PM) View Post

The ridiculous part about system link is that, while it does support 16 players, there can only be 1 per box!! The game supports 4 player split screen, so why on earth doesn't it support split screen in system link? Do they honestly expect people to hook up 16 360's on 16 different TVs to play COD2?

Flagg

Sure, why not. We've done it in the past with xbox games pop.gif Im glad they are supporting it that way. I'd rather have 16 systems with one person, than 4 systems with 4 people each(Halo style). That always pissed me off, but Im a Lan party whore so don't mind me.

Why they couldnt offer both is rather odd though, I'll admit. It should have atleast offered 2 player split screen for those of you who play splitscreen.

ahh the joy of weekend Xbox Lan parties smile.gif

#10 Flagg3

Flagg3

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Dec 2 2005, 11:36 PM) View Post

Sure, why not. We've done it in the past with xbox games pop.gif Im glad they are supporting it that way. I'd rather have 16 systems with one person, than 4 systems with 4 people each(Halo style). That always pissed me off, but Im a Lan party whore so don't mind me.

Why they couldnt offer both is rather odd though, I'll admit. It should have atleast offered 2 player split screen for those of you who play splitscreen.

ahh the joy of weekend Xbox Lan parties smile.gif

Yeah well when you have a dedicated game room with a 130" projection TV (4 player split screen gives each person their own 65" section!) You kind of need 4 player split screen for that setup to work. Would be kind of awkward for me to have a 130" screen, a couple of other guys getting 60 inch TVs and the rest stuck with tiny little TVs!

I wouldn't even complain if it didn't already have split screen built in, but it obviously runs fine in split screen, why isn't the option available for system link?

Flagg

Edited by Flagg3, 03 December 2005 - 07:14 AM.

#11 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:31 AM

I havent liked split screen for years. If I paid all that $$ for my viweing area, Im not about to share with some. I havent played a game split screen since Halo, and even that was only once or twice. Thats partly why Halo 2 disgusted me, they made coop split screen again and not Lan or Live grr.gif

Ive had 3 different size screens in the last 4 years. a 50", 53", and even with a 77" screen, I cant stand split screen. All my friends and relatives have known this for years so if they wanna play, they bring their tv and system. It was easy to migrate in that direction because b4 xbox, we had PC Lan parties every weekend. Its almost easier to pack a 25" tv and an xbox into a car than it is a 19" monitor and a pc case.

But in your case, you have it setup to take advantage of said mode, I'd be pissed too.

I'll say this..

If Bungie doesnt offer Lan/Live coop for Halo 3, they will be on my shit list, sitting next to EA/Sony grr.gif

#12 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

is it possible for them to come out with a patch over xbl to fix all this/ do you think itll happen? i mean the game is great but with them leaving out these little parts makes it retarted. i wish i can just make a party, invite my friends and we go into ranked games together. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users