• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 trilight

trilight

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:11 AM

This problem for the most part has to do with half-life 2 but I've narrowed the cause down to the x-chip itself which i'm almost positive is the problem. The problem is that when I began to play half-life 2 is was a bit more laggy than what would seem normal. No more than 5 minutes into the game it froze. The moments that it freezes at are filled with events on the screen or just a lot of character models. This was all on an original copy so I decided to try different dvd formats such as dvd-r and dvd+r, I even tried saving the game onto the hardrive and playing it from there to eliminate the problem and the results were the same. All of my friends have played the same copy of the game on their xboxes and it has worked fine with little or no problems. They all have different xbox versions and dvd drives(samsung, phillips, and thompson) and so far the only difference between my xbox and theirs is the x-chip(theirs are softmodded). That and the slayer's autoinstall but I don't see how that could be the cause of this mess. Anyway, if anyone has heard of a solution to this problem or would have any suggestions i'd appreciate the help. I thought that it's slightly possible that this problem originates from the settings in my dashboard but I highly doubt it. Also, one detail I thought I would mention is that my xbox is a v.1.6.

#2 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:33 AM

Does this problem happen with any other games? What bios are you using? Questions people will ask. which version of the 1.6?

Edited by tihspeed, 02 December 2005 - 01:34 AM.

#3 trilight

trilight

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:55 AM

Thank you for responding. It hasn't happened with any other game I own and having quite a few I know this isn't a very common occurance on my xbox. My xbox version is just v1.6. I flashed evox onto the xchip over a year ago so the evox version is quite old. Here is everything listed in the x-chip bios menu. Evox v1.1-1583 BIOS 1.05838.1 XB:1022.

Update:The BIOS could very well be the problem, thank you for the reminder, i'll flash a more up to date BIOS and i'll report how it goes.

Edited by trilight, 02 December 2005 - 02:09 AM.

#4 tmh88

tmh88

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Interests:post pictures of your xbox at http://www.xb-t.com/
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(trilight @ Dec 2 2005, 01:18 AM) View Post

That and the slayer's autoinstall but I don't see how that could be the cause of this mess.

If anything the slayers install is more of a problem than the modchip or the bios itself. Try booting with the chip off to really see if its your modchip. Maybe your xbox just doesn't want to read that disc, ive heard of that happening before. Also if its freezing and laggy it sounds like overheating could be an issue.

Edited by tmh88, 03 December 2005 - 06:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users