m_hael

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:01 PM

PGR3 has jaggies - its official tho I can't post screens at the moment. It is the only game so far that does NOT adhere to MS standards regarding rendering resolution and thus shouldn't be held up as an example of "how things should be done"

FYI its approx 600p with 2xMSAA thats roughly 35% LESS pixels than ALL the other games; jaggies are to be expected.

#17 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(m_hael @ Dec 3 2005, 02:08 PM) View Post

PGR3 has jaggies - its official tho I can't post screens at the moment. It is the only game so far that does NOT adhere to MS standards regarding rendering resolution and thus shouldn't be held up as an example of "how things should be done"

FYI its approx 600p with 2xMSAA thats roughly 35% LESS pixels than ALL the other games; jaggies are to be expected.

Thanks for that.

#18 SatanX2112

SatanX2112

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:20 PM

I was noticing the same thing, til I discoverd something. On the A/V cable that connects to the 360 is a switch (it says HD / TV). Mine was on TV, now it looks incredible.

#19 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(SatanX2112 @ Dec 3 2005, 02:27 PM) View Post

I was noticing the same thing, til I discoverd something. On the A/V cable that connects to the 360 is a switch (it says HD / TV). Mine was on TV, now it looks incredible.

My cousin was guilty of the same thing.

I went over his house for Turkey Day and brought the 360 games he didnt have. He was playing Q4 when I walked in and it looked like ass compared to mine. I told him to check his settings in the Guide, and right infront of him on the screen, it showed the picture of the cable and said HD was NOT enabled.

I asked him to read it to me and he replies with "thats wrong, I have it set to 720p, check for yourself"

I told him to look at the picture and he got all confused, I told him to check the cable and sure enough, he didnt have it set to HD.

Kiosk problems anyone? lol

#20 Romps

Romps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(m_hael @ Dec 3 2005, 07:08 PM) View Post

So those that says it perfect on theres and ask how close we sit to the screen
Really need there eyes checking or are over excited at there new toy and over look crap gfx for a system this powerfull

Well the gfx arnt crap lol
Just they not as good as promised taken from m_hael quote

But i dont expect jaggies as bad as pgr3 on the xbox 360 xbox 1 yeah but 360 NO it should have not been passed by ms if it was under standard
I just hope the rest of the game developers keep to the standard or higher and dont start giving us below par crap

Saying all that the game is a good game and i can live with the gfx but i expected more
There no excuses saying it a realse game and the rest will get better all the rest are better allready

#21 shodanjr_gr

shodanjr_gr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:08 AM

I dont actually see any jaggies. The jaggyness you might notice sometimes is a side-effect of the reflection effect on the edges of cars and spoilers.

Also guys, i run games on my PC at 1280x1024 with 4x AA and you still cant eliminate ALL jaggies. PGR3 looks f*cking great so please please quit complaining.

#22 MadEx

MadEx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

I went back and actually went to LOOK for jaggies. Notice, I have to really go look to find some. And I did. Only time jaggies are visible enough for me to see is in the garages when looking straight at the car in the selection screen. Once you start moving, the effects in the game do a good job at hiding any inperfections that might be visible to me otherwise.

Playing on a 50" DLP at 720p from 7' away.

#23 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:45 AM

There definitely is aliasing in this game. Your tv shouldn't really have anything to do with it. If there's aliasing, there just is. There's not a whole lot, but it is definitely noticable. I use an 57' Hitachi HDTV at 720p. I've played 6 360 games so far, plus a few demos, and this is the only game I really notice.

#24 Romps

Romps

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(shodanjr_gr @ Dec 4 2005, 12:15 AM) View Post

I dont actually see any jaggies. The jaggyness you might notice sometimes is a side-effect of the reflection effect on the edges of cars and spoilers.

Also guys, i run games on my PC at 1280x1024 with 4x AA and you still cant eliminate ALL jaggies. PGR3 looks f*cking great so please please quit complaining.

Im not complaining as such but this is next gen, I still play pgr3.
But i do expect the games to be polished to the max they can, when paying upto £50 a game.
Or we will end up like sony
thousands of games
but only a handfull of eye catchers and playable games
and the rest rushed out old ash games for profit to make that handfull of eye catching and playable games

#25 unclepauly

unclepauly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:17 PM

Did anyone notice pg2 looked like it was rendered a little lower res than most xbox games too? I remember seeing screenshots that were crispy clear and then when I got it home it seemed a little fuzzy and unclear. I wonder if ms lets them slide a bit bc they are in-house or whatever the term is? Maybe they're not very good optimizers.

#26 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(unclepauly @ Dec 4 2005, 02:24 PM) View Post
I wonder if ms lets them slide a bit bc they are in-house or whatever the term is? Maybe they're not very good optimizers.

not sure how long they had or in development for. but the time schedule WAS short (final dev kit) to release this game , so they had to release it ASAP for X360 launch day and failing the "standard". game such as GR3 & Oblivion were pushed back, maybe they do have similar issue.... lol PDZ were boxed up before they had age rating licence M$ rushed them tongue.gif .

#27 dabigdilla

dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:51 PM

phew! thot my TV mighta been effed up or something! cuz i always noticed jaggies, usually near the top of the car, the roof line. now, one way to get rid of some of them is to turn the sharpness down. i had it set high for the PC, and forgot, so i turned it down and it looked much better, tho still noticeable from 6 ft away on a 26"er.

but at least i'm not alone, cuz that always sux sleep.gif

#28 aic007

aic007

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:07 AM

People are stretching to find something wrong with this game, seriously though this game looks incredible. I have spent atleast 15-20 hrs playing about 3-5ft await on a 32" xbr CRT @ 1080I (no 720P) and it is breathtaking. Are you putting a magnifying glass to your screen to look for imperfections? Wish there were more flip flop paint schemes though, the Saleen S281( ithink) has a sick blue to purple and there is a diablo 6.2 with the pearl white that is nice but I wish some of the ferrari's were offered in something other than red. To many red cars in the garage damn it! There's my gripe, not enough paint schemes. tongue.gif

#29 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:51 PM

Ive been playing this game SOOO much, beat it on the hard level and played many games on live. I play it on my HD 65 inch sony and the game is amazing!!! I dont know where your saying all these jaggies come from. unsure.gif Someone posted about the shinyness of the car and yes it does look like jaggies from the shine but thats what it is. If your seeing jaggies then try moving the camera around and look more closely at where you see the jaggies.

#30 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Romps @ Dec 4 2005, 06:01 AM) View Post

Im not complaining as such but this is next gen, I still play pgr3.
But i do expect the games to be polished to the max they can, when paying upto £50 a game.
Or we will end up like sony
thousands of games
but only a handfull of eye catchers and playable games
and the rest rushed out old ash games for profit to make that handfull of eye catching and playable games

i think its safe to call PGR3 a next gen game still even with any complaints. also i do think this game is polished to the max, for a launch title. its obvious that some games (not just this one) were rushed out to make launch day, its normal for the launch of a system. in a video interview at kikizo.com, the devs at bizarre mentioned how the programmers wanted to start the code from scratch once they got the final dev kits because there was so much untapped power in the system with their existing engine. If PGR3 is the bottom of the barrel that devs like them can accomplish with this system then it will be good time for gamers indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users