• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dvsxutact

dvsxutact

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

i was wondering if anyone knew a way to get the hdd key off the hdd? maybe via a hex editor or something, if not, how would i go about getting a copy of the eeprom without removing it from the xbox? and is there a way to maybe get around the "hdd not locked" error??

Thanks Everyone!

#2 ShadowElitePro

ShadowElitePro

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 <br />Football<br />Airsoft<br />Xbox 360
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:34 AM

Use the backup option in evox and the FTP.

#3 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:04 AM

error 16 is a clock problem.

"16 - dashboard - Clock cannot be set. Well i wrote earlier another tutorial about this specific error so here it is:

[Details]

Basically it comes down to this. Error 16 has to do with not finding the menu setting with which you can set the clock of the hdd. This happens to a lot of people that erase their hdd (original/upgraded) or MS dashboard files and after that they don't immediatly install the hdd but leave the xbox without power longer than 5 hours.

It's all about the hdd can't find the menu with which it can set the clock. This is mostly because the xbox hdd is empty (you removed dashboard or fux0red it via ftp). The problem arises when xbox searches for menu to set clock with, can't find it and voila: error 16. Well read on please!"

I just fixed a customers box with a error 16 (his little brother deleted the msdash) i tried hotswapping it but it didnt work so i just took my x3 out of my box and installed it in his, got it booted and set the clock and it was fixed.

But no if you didnt back up the eeprom there is no way to get it off. unless it is chipped or if you could get hotswapping to work (didnt for me) Is your xbox chipped tsop'd or softmodded? and if you have upgraded your hard drive do you still have the stock one?

Cappi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users