xzenor

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:57 AM

Has anyone acomplished this mod? I have just installed my Logitech cordless controller dongle inside my xbox. I soldered it into the #2 controller port internally. I am recieving some lag when using the controller. I know the metal screen is used to keep RF from leaking out and Visa Versa. Im wondering if any one has an idea on how to get a strong signal to and from the xbox.

XzenoR

#2 ShadowElitePro

ShadowElitePro

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 <br />Football<br />Airsoft<br />Xbox 360
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:03 AM

Never heard of this mod before. Good luck.

#3 CGras90

CGras90

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:18 AM

i tried to do this with a different brand of wireless controller, and the reception was terrible. I had the xbox's shielding in though so i think it would work if you took out some shielding inside the xbox.

#4 no0b123

no0b123

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • Interests:Just xbox :p
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:14 AM

Try taking the shield out, if that does not help then you should take out the mod...

#5 prplehz

prplehz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Interests:Romance, Audio/Video, Computers, Video Games, Skiing, Swimming.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:10 AM

You could also try finding the input for the antenna and solder a wire to it that extends to the outside of the xbox. I haven't tried it but It sounds plauseable.. Good luck.

#6 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:23 AM

I've wanted to do this mod myself, but I've heard from many many people that you get horrible reception (just like yours) when the reciever is mounted inside.

Too bad it doesn't work well dry.gif

#7 eminvil_12

eminvil_12

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Dec 4 2005, 04:30 PM) View Post

I've wanted to do this mod myself, but I've heard from many many people that you get horrible reception (just like yours) when the reciever is mounted inside.

Too bad it doesn't work well dry.gif

Its not hard to run a nice thick wire or something to the front of the xbox is it.

Even take the shielding out and it should work alot better.

#8 thesamarchy

thesamarchy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:I do alot of shit.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:04 AM

The antenna needs to be extended to where it is sticking on out on the exterior, but not to where it looks like a satellite, just barely make it come out of the front panel's vents or the XBOX's side vents.

I heard this mod works really well when it's done the right way [no offense, if that comes off as an insult, I was just saying because I've seen a few around here leaving testimonials in the thread where the tutorial was made].

#9 Clubmed112

Clubmed112

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:27 PM

Hey, i just got done this mod a few days ago, the thing is i have the whole plate of metal thats on the top part off, i also have my logitech wireless headset hardwired too, its awesome, and works great, however i am only about 5ft from my xbox when i use it. i haven't taken it for a distance trial. What i would do if i were you, just take that top metal off, you should be fine. Or extend the antenna, easy mod, or do both! hope this helps, good luck man, it looks great when ur done. (cause u don't see anything!)

#10 jrlepage

jrlepage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

Hey hope nobody minds me resurrecting this ancient thread. I'm in the process of getting an original Xbox (gorgeous green Halo edition) modded and was hoping to do this mod (x2, two controllers) along with the internal DVD dongle mod.

This Xbox already has the X3 chip, X3CP, installing X3IR kit. Planning to share the X3IR's infrared eye with the DVD dongle. Also planning to install relays so that if a wired controller is plugged into ports 1 or 2 (where the Logitech dongles will be wired) or port 3 (where the DVD dongle will be wired), the wired controller will override the internal mod. Found a guide on how to do this from way back in the day... Also going to have two green LEDs in each controller port. smile.gif

My question is mainly about the reception issue, and whether anyone has successfully done this mod with multiple Logitech dongles. Which is the better option, cutting away metal shielding or wiring an external antenna wire,... Or both? Ideally I need these to work from 10-15 feet away... Is that hoping for too much?

After I get all of that decided, I just have to figure out whether a ring of green LEDs around the jewel is overkill or whether it would contribute to the subtle accent I'm looking for with the controller port LEDs. wink.gif

Cheers!

#11 konnorrigby

konnorrigby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

Havent been on in a great while, but i thought id throw in my two cents:

i have a slim with player one taken by the amazing logitech controller, with the sheilding out it is great. i ran a wire soldered from the antenna thing along the inside of the left side (not sure if its necessary, but why not?) and i have the dongle on player 4, i desoldered the ir reciever and placed it where the power button used to live and put i fitted tinted plexiglass piece over the whole (Mines a slim so no need for the tiny power button) and i bondo'd over the p1 and p4 controller ports so its all smooth and no ports that are useless. but you can put a switch on the ports in the back if you want. or some sort of octocoupler?

#12 maniaci137

maniaci137

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Any sort of modding, hacking or anything else requiring soldering.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(jrlepage @ Aug 22 2012, 10:15 PM) View Post

This Xbox already has the X3 chip, X3CP, installing X3IR kit. Planning to share the X3IR's infrared eye with the DVD dongle.

Just thought I'd throw my opinion in here: I have an X3CP and X3IR as well. And I have my DVD Dongle hardwired. I found it much easier to take the IR eye off the DVD dongle, extend it with three wires and hide it in between the metal shielding and faceplate, with the X3IR in the spot in the X3CP for it. I did that for my crystal box and my translucent green box. Works great and a lot easier, and you can mount the IR dongle anywhere.

#13 konnorrigby

konnorrigby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

I did this mod a while ago, not sure if i posted here of the old xbmc4xbox butwhat i did was solder a wire onto the antenna and run it under the case where those slits in the faceplate are and glued it with a small amount of super glue. (i got a black wire so you cant see it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users