• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kamikazelemmings

kamikazelemmings

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:34 PM

i run folding@home on my xbox which uses idle cpu cylcles to do medical research. this keeps my proccy at 100% all the time. i appreciate the way gentoox automatically adjusts fanspeed and can report the xbox temp. im just wondering what i would have to do to get the source to compile this on other distros, does anyone know where the source is, or can i pull it off the gentoox install i already have. thanks

#2 friedgold

friedgold

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:42 PM

I think everything shallax uses is in the 'shallaxs_i2c_stuff' module in the Xbox Linux CVS. You can browse this here and instructions for checking out files from CVS are available here. In particular for the fan control daemon you should look at shallaxs_i2c_stuff/src/fan.c

#3 dgreenb

dgreenb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:40 PM

Hey kamikazelemmings, did you have any luck compiling this? I too am interested in the fan control stuff, only for Xebian.

#4 kamikazelemmings

kamikazelemmings

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

been too busy with school to do any of this. hopefully i will get to it by next friday. cuz after that im going back home for break and cant do much on dial-up. ill post when/if i get it working. ill prolly be doing mine on slackware and xdsl though, but xebian ought to not be too different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users