• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlmostNico

AlmostNico

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:24 PM

I'd like to run XBMC as my Dashboard, but I can't seem to find instructions for it anywhere. Those that I do find only seem to describe this for modchips. I softmodded my right using the MechWarrior/Run Linux save game exploit. Has anyone done this? What do I need to do?

#2 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:38 AM

Do you have any idea what installer pkg you used (Krayzies NDURE, SID etc)? You need to find where your current dashboard files are (probably e:\dashboard). You then need to delete the contents of that folder and FTP in all of the XBMC files.

#3 Damionitc

Damionitc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(BigSteel @ Dec 5 2005, 03:45 PM) View Post

Do you have any idea what installer pkg you used (Krayzies NDURE, SID etc)? You need to find where your current dashboard files are (probably e:\dashboard). You then need to delete the contents of that folder and FTP in all of the XBMC files.

I Created an account to thank you. Though I was not the thread maker I was looking for someone to planly say that.

so for anyone who used Krazys Ndure installer Backup the Directory Bigsteel mentioned then Delete everything (I didn't delete the Backup folder to be safe) and install/transfer everything from the XBMC Folder to the dash folder and your set.

Again thanks Bigsteel

Edited by Damionitc, 08 December 2005 - 08:10 AM.

#4 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(Damionitc @ Dec 8 2005, 08:14 AM) View Post

(I didn't delete the Backup folder to be safe)

You should have that in your PC, it doesn't really need to be in the Xbox. So if you haven't done it yet, put that on PC.--it can save your life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users