• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mdsp

mdsp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:02 AM

Hey all Im new to XboX modding... I recently bought a XBOX and I just found out my version today (1.6B)... Im just wondering if I could use "Xecuter X3 CE ModChip w/ LPC Rebuild"...

And if I can where could I get a tutorial for it... I found this website http://www.teamxecut...3a82c81f5374487
but its for 1.6, Im just making sure if 1.6 and 1.6B is identical modchip installation

thanks

#2 RoboChicken

RoboChicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:14 AM

1.6 uses samsung ram

1.6b uses hynix ram

It's possible you may get nothing on screen if you get a 1.6b. If this is the case, you need to change your X3 dip switch to load the right Cromwell version that is compatible with v1.6b.

#3 mdsp

mdsp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:13 PM

Oh ok.. your trying to say is that the modification installation is the same but all I need is to get a Cromwell version??

what is a Cromwell version???

Would you recommend another mod chip that would work for 1.6b

thanks

#4 Ratdogfink

Ratdogfink

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

Hi
I just did an X3 ce in a 1.6b. Follow all the instructions and go for solderless if you can't or have not soldered before. the XBox is not the place to practise. Anyhoo. Cromwell is the legal bios that is shipped with the chip and they are different versions of cromwell. It is from here that you then reflash to allow the box to do other user frendly stuff that you may want to enable and this is not the place to to go into detail. So banks 5-8 have the bios on that you need. Switches set to off on off off off. If you use banks 1-4 on on off off off you get nowt with a 1.6b but you do with the others. All the instructions you will read will tell you to set the X3 switches to on on off off off banks 1-4 but alas no for the 1.6b off on off off off banks 5-8. Read as much as you can here and elsewhere before you start.

I am very pleased with the Xecuter X3ce I have put into 1.6b It's a mighty fine chip, very stable with the option of turning it off at boot to play live.

Edited by Ratdogfink, 06 December 2005 - 01:32 PM.

#5 mdsp

mdsp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:01 PM

ok cool... I do alot of soldering so I should be fine... ok then I will order X3ce and is it okay to PM u once I get the chip for help???

and one thing, what dashboard did u install on ur xbox...

I already have EVOX, Smart FTP, Quixx software ready...

what other softwares do i need so atleast I can prepare so once I get my chip I can just go smooth sailing...

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users