X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:this and that
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2003 - 10:06 AM

can anyone help me out with this the hiscores wont save for me on mame-x ,could someone with a working hiscore save please show the details of the .ini file regarding the hiscore paths, and let me know if i need a hiscore.dat file form the mame website, links would be appreciated if possible,

cheers

cartman biggrin.gif

#2 jasonmvt

jasonmvt

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (cartman @ Apr 19 2003, 06:06 AM)
can anyone help me out with this the hiscores wont save for me on mame-x ,could someone with a working hiscore save please show the details of the .ini file regarding the hiscore paths, and let me know if i need a hiscore.dat file form the mame website, links would be appreciated if possible,

cheers

cartman biggrin.gif

you need the hiscore.dat file. Any version from mame should work (haven't tried with newer ones though). I'm fairly sure that you do have to edit the .ini file, although it's been to long for me to rember for sure. Go to www.mameworld.net and look for the links there. You can also add a cheat.dat file to get cheats, but you also need to edit the .ini.

#3 johnmiceter

johnmiceter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 April 2003 - 03:54 PM

I hope in the Next Version of MAME they add SAVE STATE support just like the PC version.

#4 ftc2002

ftc2002

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 01:47 AM

MAME-X b6 should already have the hiscore feture. Why not try and making a folder called "hi" that worked for me. Well, for Metal Slug anway I haven't played any other games.

#5 Sailorgoon

Sailorgoon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 05:16 PM

MAME requires a highscore.dat file for its record keeping. This is beacause new games a built into the scorekeeping feature periodically.

Not all games will keep scores, because fewer than 1000 of them are in the DAT, just as a warning to those who would come back after getting the file and complaining that it still isn't working.

Hit up MAMEWORLD or Mame.dk for more information.

-Goon-kun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users