• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 modThis

modThis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

Hi everyone, I have been having this problem for around 6 months and have just been dealing with it because I've been busy, and pretty lazy. Now, I have put a lot of time into trying to fix it and I still cant figure it out, I have tried loading new config.xml files, reinstalling UX, upgrading UX, etc. After I see the xbox logo come up I have to wait through over a minute of blackness and then UX finally loads. When I try to access my recent list it is empty. If I have a game in the DVD drive it loads up as soon as the xbox logo fades and I can play right away. I have only seen one other post about UX taking a long time to load and no one was able to submit any insight, I hope that you guys can help me out with some ideas, in the mean time I'll keep trying.

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:21 PM

Sounds like a HD problem to me.

#3 gualber98

gualber98

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:42 PM

have you try clearing the cache and x,y,z drives? ph34r.gif

#4 modThis

modThis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(gualber98 @ Dec 6 2005, 03:49 PM) View Post

have you try clearing the cache and x,y,z drives? ph34r.gif

No, I have not done this, can you point me to some info on it?

As for the hard drive, I was going to consider replacing it, but do you think the hard drive needs to be swapped out or just reformatted? All other apps, and games on the hard drive boot right up.

Should I just FTP in and clear out the X Y and Z partitions? X seems to be the only one with fodlers and junk in it... Y has a folder called WebCache with nothing in it and Z is empty.

#5 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(modThis @ Dec 6 2005, 04:13 PM) View Post

Should I just FTP in and clear out the X Y and Z partitions? X seems to be the only one with fodlers and junk in it... Y has a folder called WebCache with nothing in it and Z is empty.

yup

#6 modThis

modThis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:24 AM

Ok, I took care of that and I'm still having the problem, also if this helps when i try to calibrate the screen I cant save it, It gives me error code 3. I also opened up the box and blew out somew dust by the modchip and was surprised when I saw which hard drive i had in there because its not that old. I am going to look around for another hard drive I could test out, or maybe try a different dashboard :-(

#7 CHEFISHMAN

CHEFISHMAN

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:39 AM

Hi guys/gals.
My buddy has the same problem. after his xbox was working for about 7-8 months, one day he had to wait almost 2 minuites for ux to boot up. we have tried formating the hard drive and putting a new official bios on the chip. eventually we had the same problem again.

1-I have formatted the drive, put a bios that makes a large f partition, no g. pulled all apps , emus, c:, and e: off of my perfectally working (modded)xbox. it will eventually crash(slow boot and no calibration settings, error code3) as stated above.

2-I formatted the drive and used slayers 2.6 on it, then put things on the hard drive and it works for a few days, then all of a sudden is boots slow again.

3-I have tried steps 1 and 2 with a formatted drive and a bios that sets up a f: and g: drive. Ultimately it will eventually crash.

My question is is it a skin , ux dash, or a hard drive problem. Its getting really old filling up the hard drive only to have it SLOW BOOT.
1.6 box, Xenium spice ,yoshiro bios ,300 gig maxtor newest build od ux.Also will eventually slow boot on older dash versions. All you all rock , and thanks to team xecuter whover slayer is and frodo and runtime and countless others . I especially give thanks to all the scene moderators and members and anyone who posts useful replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users