X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:42 PM

What's up everyone!

So has anyone been able to successfully incorporate any Horse Mods into MW:GOTY? I edited a couple of Horse mods from MW Summit and was able to get them to "work" (using that term loosely)

Basically, I used EE to edit the cell values that was causing the game to crash every few minutes. What ended up happening was the author who made Pagas Horse Ranch had way too many dirty cell refs especially on the NPC settings (the person who sells you the horse)

I was able to purchase my priced steed and voila, my character now owns his own Horse. Here's where it gets all screwy...

The animation on it is so bad that when I mount my horse, the horse is now treated as a pair of pants or set of greaves. So guess what, my so-called bad-ass character is riding his horse PANTSLESS! How disturbing is that "Hmm, I feel like riding my horse today...maybe i'll do it bare-ass" Not cool. My question is this...if i were to incorporate the same animation as the Dragons mod and using the same animation scheme as the Guar companion, how will that affect the over-all mod? I'm not an expert by any means (although i should be since i am the mod of forum for God's sake) so I wanted to ask our resident experts this question.

Alright, that's my piece. Hope that makes sense...

#2 Frezzno

Frezzno

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Old games (C64, Amiga and PC-Dos) RPG in general.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:39 PM

Man I wish I could do like you do but I am not an expert and I think you are. I don't know how to use the EE but I'm working on to learn it.

The thing you mentioned makes sence. If you can use the guar animation, I guess. The dragon have wings and the animations are not like a horse at all. But that's just my thought.

If you can get it to work then I hope you'll bring it up at J Evil's.

#3 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Frezzno @ Dec 10 2005, 02:46 PM) View Post

Man I wish I could do like you do but I am not an expert and I think you are. I don't know how to use the EE but I'm working on to learn it.

The thing you mentioned makes sence. If you can use the guar animation, I guess. The dragon have wings and the animations are not like a horse at all. But that's just my thought.

If you can get it to work then I hope you'll bring it up at J Evil's.

I'm sure you'll figure out how to enhance the experience by using EE. If not, consult the tutorials or ask. That's what we're here for.

The Dragon animation uses the same scripts as the Guar animation excluding the flying part (which is basically a CE levitation but of course a bit more complicated than that). What really gets me is the fact that several weapon tabs on EE would still show an inventory of some sort but doesn't really reflect once you start playing around with it on a hex editor. The values that I saw were EF 04 6E 77 8A yet the tabs don't reflect it. I'm guessing that's the reason why the animation is so funny.

Anyhow...i'll keep working on it and once I figure this whole craziness out, i'll post it here and maybe upload the cleaned up mod on Johnny Evil

#4 Lokie

Lokie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:47 PM

Hi, wondered how this was going? Had any luck on the animation?

#5 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Lokie @ Jan 8 2006, 04:54 AM) View Post

Hi, wondered how this was going? Had any luck on the animation?

Sorry for the delayed response. Haven't really had time to dive into this.

I tried to dibble into the animation script a bit more and i found that the "floating" animation shares the same properties with the werewolf motion (EF60091 and 0D48332) found in the actual ESP. Does anybody know how to transpose 2 different values and have them sit within the same file without corrupting the surrounding ones? This is a lot of work.

#6 BungaDunga

BungaDunga

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE(darth_turtur @ Dec 6 2005, 01:49 PM) View Post

The animation on it is so bad that when I mount my horse, the horse is now treated as a pair of pants or set of greaves. So guess what, my so-called bad-ass character is riding his horse PANTSLESS!

That is very strange; on the PC, it does equip a pair of pants that looks like a saddle with legs. These replace the player's legs, otherwise they would poke through the horse (you can't script animations on the player). The horse itself is a creature and should walk, run, and die like any creature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users