X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Interests:FMX, Drumming
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:24 AM

i have a xecuter 2.6lite in my xbox and an xecuter 2.6ce in my friends xbox.

im currently troubleshooting the fragging problem with his, and i wanna see if the chip is the problem. would i be able to disconnect the chips and plug his into my xbox, and see if it will still run? or will that ruin my xbox and cause mine to frag?

and would the chip lights on the chip control thing on the front of the xbox even turn on if there was something wrong with the chip?

[if you want to answer this next hdd question, it would be great too.]

-now if i wanted to test his hdd, could i plug it into my computer if its unlocked, or would i have to do a lot of stuff to it. i cant tell if the harddrive is the problem cause when the chip is off it gives error 5 which is unlocked harddrive, i dont know a way to test if the harddrive is acting up.

im just hoping through all this its just the motherboard so thats all he would have to buy.

any help would be magnificent, and if you could help me with any other troubleshooting ideas, that would be great too, i know you guys can help me, so please do biggrin.gif

#2 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:23 AM

If the chips are the same there should be no problems swapping them as long as one box is not a 1.6 as they use a different BIOS, eg 2 x 1.6 ok or 2 x not 1.6 ok.

As his HDD is unlocked you could slip that into your box to test it also, its only a problem if its locked.

#3 n3r0

n3r0

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Interests:FMX, Drumming
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:37 PM

so all i have to do is unlock the harddrive in my xbox and then i can put his into my xbox?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users