33 replies to this topic

#1 smdtherock

smdtherock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:45 AM

ok so i have spent the last 3 hours trying to get this stupid chip to work...it frags when the chip is on and 4 leds light up...when its off...it works normal and 5 leds turn on....i checked my connections over and over again...can i solder the leg with solder to hole the d0 on?

#2 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:46 AM

go to www.HackDaBox.com click on Spider GX !

Soldering wont really help with the Spider GX , squeeze it in and if you get all 6 leds on ( one led on the SPider GX and 5 on the SpiderWire PCB ) with the chip turned off then the legs are inserted ok make sure the Spider GX is squeezed onto the lpc !

Use the X2 5035 V1.6 bios and put the edited x2config.ini on your E:\ drive you can grab it from here ...

Edited x2config.ini

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 07 December 2005 - 11:50 AM.

#3 smdtherock

smdtherock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:58 AM

Not Found
The requested URL /spiderGX.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
]

I tried last night...thats what i got just tried again and same thing sad.gif

also why are all the leds turning on when the chip is disabled..? wouldn't that mean that there is a connection? maybe its something else i need to fiddle around with?

Edited by smdtherock, 08 December 2005 - 06:25 AM.

#4 smdtherock

smdtherock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:06 AM

no edit button? well i just broke a damn leg so i am gunna have to go out and get some solder sad.gif i wihs i had read up on this chip before i purchased...there is no way to just solder everything>?

#5 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:46 PM

http://hackdabox.ete...t/SpiderGX.html

My website does get busy but it is working fine for me ??? Anyway try the mirror site posted above !

Soldering is not really possible with the Spider GX ... i guess you could remove all the pogo pins and solder on a pinheader and then solder wires on the motherboard for a LPC rebuild but it would be easier to buy another cheap chip and solder that in !

Try returning the chip and order a different chip if you can solder like the duox2 !

hackDaBox !

#6 smdtherock

smdtherock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:30 PM

is soldering in a 1.6 xbox the same as when i did it way back with my x2? or has it gotten more complicated?>

thnx a lot too you're very helpful

also how is the x2.6ce lite with the xapter1.6? better then this junk i got?

Edited by smdtherock, 08 December 2005 - 08:32 PM.

#7 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:29 PM

Hell Yeah ! , Team Xecuter will give support for their products too !

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 08 December 2005 - 10:30 PM.

#8 smdtherock

smdtherock

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:58 AM

ok so before i go spending more money..which is limited...i tried soldering the d0 to the back of the mobo....i still get the same thing..i don't need the leg in the front correct? or do i still attach that anyway? could it be something else? cause like i said before all lights turn on when chip is disabled...just the d0 missing when chip is enabled...i am so frustrated right now...

thnx for the help

#9 Bmx_rider

Bmx_rider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:54 AM

hey people.. well i got the same problem.. 4 leds light up when the chip is off and 5 when its on. i checked my connection like 10 times, and iw orked on this chip for 3 days straight, and i still cant get it to work. it restarts 3 times and then frags. no spider gx dashbord or anything. Is my chip broke? or am i just really bad at installing it.

#10 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:26 AM

QUOTE(smdtherock @ Dec 9 2005, 03:05 PM) View Post

ok so before i go spending more money..which is limited...i tried soldering the d0 to the back of the mobo....i still get the same thing..i don't need the leg in the front correct? or do i still attach that anyway? could it be something else? cause like i said before all lights turn on when chip is disabled...just the d0 missing when chip is enabled...i am so frustrated right now...
thnx for the help

For the fact that it frags means your d0 is working !

It's the connection to the lpc that is bad , try pushing down firmly on the chip in different spots and turn on the box ( keep away from the power supply - leave the hard drive in the xbox but remove the dvd-rom and flip it so it's facing the wrong way around )

If it boots even once then your problem is poor lpc connection !

HackDaBox !

#11 Bmx_rider

Bmx_rider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:32 AM

it doesnt boot even once though.. i pushed in most of the spots and still frags. what else could i do? and is there sopousto be 4 or 5 lights when the chip is on? because i ge only 4.. and when its off then i get 5

#12 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:54 AM

OK there are 5 leds on the SpiderWire PCB. With the Spider GX off you should have all 5 leds on. When you turn the chip on only 4 leds will be on. There is also a LED on the Spider GX itself so you will have 5 leds on in total out of 6 !

HackDaBox !

Edited by HackDaBox, 11 December 2005 - 05:55 AM.

#13 Bmx_rider

Bmx_rider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:06 AM

ok.. well all 5 of them are on but still no spider gx dashboard. i would post the pictures, but i dont kno how.

#14 superfedexman

superfedexman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:18 PM

Dude I have the same freegin problem, I have spent a week on this board trying to find a fix. SpiderGx just sucks plain and simple. I am gunna try and exchange for the reliable Xenium ICE. I know cause I've installed them and they are a walk in the park compared to this piece of shit spiderGx.

#15 Bmx_rider

Bmx_rider

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:04 PM

i cant exchange my chip, cuz i cut the pogo pins from it, and i bought it from the net. so i'm stuck with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users