• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ohiohawk32

Ohiohawk32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:54 PM

I have been on the never-ending search for a 360 like many of the people out there. I have talked to 2 ppl about buying theirs and I would like to share my stories of greed and ungamer-like people.

First one I talked to a person and was gonna get the whole premium deal for 650 and we worked out the deal and meeting place and it was good to go. He lived 2 hours away and i happened to have a friend goin there that weekend. So I gave my friend the money and told him that i would contact the person and have them meet my friend. Well I finally got a hold of the seller and i was like "r u still gonna sell it?" and they were like YEAH. So at this point i am extremely siked and then he says nope i am not selling like a bi-polar person and then doesn't talk to me again. When I get a hold of him a few days later he says 900. And I am like what the hell so i totally ripped them a new one.

Then the other time this guy was like immediately 1000 and i was like how much did you get it for and he told me 590 with games and accessories. And maybe making that much is a lil obsurd but HE WASN'T EVEN SELLING THE GAMES AND ACCESSORIES. And I was like why do u want so much profit and he was like Because people are willing to pay. and i was like what is the world coming to.

and i would like to ask if anyone in the world has moral fiber left? Gamers were founded on the joy of playing with friends and not giant corporate money hoarding and greed. Money is not that important especially between fellow gamers. If I come in contact with any extra 360s I would love to sell them for minimual prices so that the real gamers can get them and not greedy bastards.

#2 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:08 PM

Personally I hope everyone here gets a 360 first... However, what will most likely happen is re-sellers will snatch them up, and moms will buy them for their 8 year olds unsure.gif

If I find 360's, you can bet the first thing I am going to do is post here so fellow X-S people can have a chance...

I won't buy from ebay right now. I can afford it. I just won't support these re-sellers backdooring all of us at X-S (those who really deserve a system and have supporded the Xbox from day one) to make a quick buck. I'd rather wait, even though it is irritating as all hell jester.gif

#3 PsychoTomato

PsychoTomato

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(feflicker @ Dec 7 2005, 05:15 PM) View Post

Personally I hope everyone here gets a 360 first... However, what will most likely happen is re-sellers will snatch them up, and moms will buy them for their 8 year olds unsure.gif

If I find 360's, you can bet the first thing I am going to do is post here so fellow X-S people can have a chance...

I won't buy from ebay right now. I can afford it. I just won't support these re-sellers backdooring all of us at X-S (those who really deserve a system and have supporded the Xbox from day one) to make a quick buck. I'd rather wait, even though it is irritating as all hell jester.gif

Couldn't have said it better. cool.gif

#4 IAmCanadian

IAmCanadian

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:18 PM

dry.gif

what is this world coming too?

pshh.. I should get a job at bestbuy, then backdoor like 5, buy 'em, and sell them here for retail biggrin.gif

Edited by IAmCanadian, 07 December 2005 - 11:19 PM.

#5 ppazz13

ppazz13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:23 PM

Personally, I don't see it as that big of a deal. It's supply and demand... that's what makes our economy work. Without it our economy would die.

Besides, you don't leave room for some play... what if someone can't afford $400 for a new system, but can make $400 by selling one on eBay? Why not let the people who just can't wait get their hands on it for $800 and then use the extra money to pay for yours? Is it really that crazy?

While you might be angry that you didn't get a 360 to actually use while Joe down the street did just to make a buck... it's the right of every free citizen to make that choice.

Eh, I'm mad too cause I didn't get a 360. But I don't blame all the people who are selling them. I blame MS for not having enough consoles ready at launch, launching too early, etc. etc.

#6 Ohiohawk32

Ohiohawk32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:35 PM

Selling em is fine but when it gets to doubling prices that is ridiculous. Greed is feeding this fad of eBay....i am goin to the the Coalition of X-Ser's Against eBay......Join CXAE

#7 smartygre1

smartygre1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:36 PM

Sorry, but WAAA!

This is the reason that the US is going down the tubes. Everyone has this sense of entitlement. I want one, so I should have one is the battlecry. Well, the other guy was smart enough to pre-order one (or 10), or get in line earlier, or new a guy, whatever. He had the means to get one and others have the means to buy one at twice the cost. This is the free market, it works, it keeps the world afloat, get used to it.

I want a Lamborgheni, but I can't afford one, so I don't get it. I save my pennies (and will never have enough) but such is life.

NO ONE IS ENTITLED TO ANYTHING, OTHER THAN THEIR LIFE! (and there are some exceptions to this rule)

After all you guys make it out like this isn't the gamer way, but honestly, this forum is mostly about illegally modding xboxes. And these kids complaining are the same who use cheats online to frag opponents in order to get "ranked".

Sorry about the rant. But seriously, the free market is GOOD!

#8 is this name taken too?

is this name taken too?

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:10 AM

I have a 360 on preorder. I just bought one off ebay. Granted that I get the one I bought on Ebay, I'll have the preordered one up for sale. I'd be willing to maybe make a deal if you're intrested. PM me if you are or we can talk on AIM if you have it.

#9 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:12 AM

O..k... That was a lot of preaching, couldn't read it all.

Here are my opinions (made even easier to understand):

- I would prefer X-S members, especially older members who have contributed to the scene in various ways, to get Xbox 360's first. Therefore any information I have will get posted here immediately.

- I do not support these dooshes on ebay selling consoles for twice what they retail for. I understand capitalism, I don't need an economics lesson. I choose to wait, and I encourage others not to feed the frenzy by caving in and buying one on ebay... It isn't like these Xbox 360's will never be sold again. Basically these "scalpers" are taking advantage of the market during this 3 week lull in distribution before the holidays... I am not saying every auction is this extreme, but look at what is going on, it isn't admirable imho.

Now, the people who are really low? The bastards scamming, selling boxes, info, etc. I don't even want to hear "well if people could read", etc. That isn't the point. It is just wrong to make a deceiving auction and somewhere in the middle of the jumbled colored text insert "this is not for an xbox360, just for the box". Who would argue FOR these jerkoffs?

I realize I am being general. I am sure there are some eBayers out there doing this the right way, playing fair. But for the most part I see scams and scalping...

- No one thinks they are "entitled" to anything here. We would just prefer that actual gamers get a few consoles from the stores, and not people just trying to make a quick $. The only way we can stop it, DON'T BUY FROM THEM.

- Backdooring: I think employees should get first dibs on products like this. That is one of the perks they deserve if you ask me. Where I have the problem: A product like this in high demand, the employees should get LIMITED access. I think they should get 25% of stock at the most, and they should do an in-store lottery to determine purchase order. If I was a manager at a retail outlet, that is how I would do it. I wouldn't support back-dooring them to friends/family/re-sellers and never letting a console see the shelf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users