#1 hawkbug

hawkbug

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:24 PM

I just got a new Xbox with this drive in it, and no matter what kind of DVD-R or DVD+R disc I have tried, I get the dirty disc error when playing backups of my games. The original game works awesome, but when I give my kids the backup to play, they get the dirty disc error. I don't want them playing with originals for obvious reasons: ie cheeto hands, etc. With my PS2, burn speeds matter. You can use a verbatim disc and burn it at 1x and it works fine. You can then burn the same game, same disc type at 4x, and the PS2 won't load it. I'm wondering if the xbox is the same way. I'm burning these games with a Plextor drive at 2x. I'm using Verbatim DVD-R discs at the moment, which work in every other dvd player / game console in my home. I heard samsung drives were the best, so that's why I got a new xbox versus a used one which could have had a Thompson drive in it.

Did samsung start making crappy drives or something? The game loads up, but shortly afterwords refuses to play.

#2 crystalgeek

crystalgeek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Electronics and anything I can undo with a screwdriver
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:37 PM

i dont know if im allowed to tell you and this might be in the wrong section but yes burn speed matters, try at the lowest speed possible

#3 JEB-101

JEB-101

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 December 2005 - 04:10 AM

I personally think that the 605F sucks ass and wont read nothing... 605b rocks tho smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users