gavo

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:45 PM

I've been researching this for a while, everthing seems to hard to do. Does anyone have a good moment? Is the lastest build safest for me for media center or all the altnernatives also good?

#2 crazyGibbon

crazyGibbon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:XBOX!<br />Drumming
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:51 PM

XBMC gets released almost every day by someone or other. I tend to use the T3CH builds. Every one I've installed has been fine. I tend not to update them too often though or I'd be doing it 4 times a week! smile.gif

Its not too difficult to do. As long as you're comfortable with FTP that is wink.gif There's also Autoinstaller Deluxe 2 if you can get it which will do it for you though it is an old version...

I'd recommend XBMC to anyone though, I love it.

Edited by crazyGibbon, 22 December 2005 - 12:56 PM.

#3 XtraBox

XtraBox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

i'm assuming its as simple as deleting everything in your C folder, replacing it with everything inside a XBMC folder then renaming default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe? would this work?

#4 sharkskin

sharkskin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(XtraBox @ Dec 29 2005, 11:36 AM) View Post

i'm assuming its as simple as deleting everything in your C folder, replacing it with everything inside a XBMC folder then renaming default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe? would this work?

hey dude don't do that you will erase the xboxdash.xbe what have to do is rename the xbox media centers default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe and ftp that and edit the configuration xml document with notepad on the third or so line in the text you insert where the rest of xbmc is like E/apps/xbmc. i haven't figured out how to get the trainers to work but every thing else is cool got the xlink kicking good and all

#5 ratgod

ratgod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:21 AM

XtraBox
I recently tried something similar, but instead backing up original xboxdash.xbe to a different name and then renaming the XBMC default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe with the xboxmediacenter.xml modded in the C:\. bad mistake. kept comming up with an error 16 or 12, not sure which.

Anyway to fix this I had to put my XBOX HD in my PC, unlock it then reboot into windows and hex edit the XFAT table on the XBOX HD to manually rename the xboxdash.xbe to something else and renaming the backup to its original name, rebooted and re-locked the drive then had it back in the XBOX. Big relief when EvoX booted.

Sharkskin
would renaming it to evoxdash.xbe make it work properly? I have a softmodded xbox using font exploit loaded using SC exploit. I want to have XBMC as dash but i dont want to have to go through hex editing my Xbox HD again, it was a pain in the bottom.

Edited by ratgod, 11 January 2006 - 12:23 AM.

#6 Speil

Speil

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:39 AM

Ya know we have an XBMC Section of the forum with stickys for a reason.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=220144

God damn why are most ppl so invisible to the search button.

#7 aznrav3rboy1

aznrav3rboy1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:59 AM

I recently changed my dash to XBMC and i want to know why the in game reset doesnt work.

#8 intensity123

intensity123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:15 AM

when i create the text file what am i supposed to write inside there exactly? help please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users