X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Football (US), Pro Wrestling, Anime
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:01 AM

i played through the first season of madden 06 in franchise, had a 16-0 record won the superbowl etc. then simmed out the next 29 years for the achievement, and noticed an AFC team won the superbowl 4 times in 29 years, and the NFC won 28 out of 29 probowls. it also had the eagles winning the first 4 superbowls (except year 1 where i beat them personally) i think they're simming needs a little bit more randomness in it myself. on a side note, has anyone found this to be an exceptionally glitchy game?

#2 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:50 AM

yes quite glitchy... you ever get it where the tect at the bottom gets all jumbled up and you cant tell what down/yardage/score it is?

#3 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:32 AM

I noticed that no more than 6 teams won the Super Bowl over the course of my 30 years. Also Tom Brady actually becomes God at some point. Oh and it takes nearly 4 hours to sim out 30 years of Madden. Glad to get that game behind me.

#4 IcedOutNick

IcedOutNick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:29 PM

anyone who doesnt like their Madden 06 that much can send me theres Id be glad to take it off your hands.

#5 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Football (US), Pro Wrestling, Anime
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(IcedOutNick @ Dec 9 2005, 02:36 PM) View Post

anyone who doesnt like their Madden 06 that much can send me theres Id be glad to take it off your hands.

i'm not saying i don't like it, i'm just saying it has some issues, such as when madden says "i think you should take a knee and put this one away" in the middle of the third quarter, and when for some reason, the play clock isn't running but the game clock is when i'm at play selection (only happened once, i think it was related to an injury) also noticed that the qb fumbles way to much, and sometimes the offensive lineman doesn't get into position properly and moves people out of his way until he can get in his spot, potentially causing an encroachment penalty on the defense even if the defense is on sides (for contact). like i said, the list of glitches goes on and on

#6 JMan8108

JMan8108

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:25 AM

Im really into madden but it is .... kinda jerky compared to ESPN 2K5. Is it me or does the computer either select the best possible play against you or the worst possible play? Just a question, do you hav to let off the boost/sprint button before you do a spin or juke? it seems like the jukes always come delayed...same with the stiff arms. Owelll i need a football game and for the next 5 years I have to endure Madden.

#7 s_retallick

s_retallick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:37 PM

I do not yet own the 360 but I did get a chnace to play my little brothers in a head to head challange in madden 06'.

Dont get me wrong, the graphics are great on my parents TV w/high def, but to me it seemed as if EA just rushed the crap out of this game. The style of play selection and game modes remind me of an old game (cant put my finger on what game exactly maybe GameBreak 98'). I love the 06' game for my xbox and the way things are set up and the types of gameplay. Now for the 360 I couldnt even challange a play.... I know the play challanging has worked goofy in the past but at least it was an option. The game is also only two players.

Overall the game just disapointed me when I had a chance to play it. Just felt like EA tossed another game into the market to make a buck.

(Recently EA has made me angry about some games for the computer and even xbox that just seem incomplete and unmet promises so that may be part of my hard feelings towards this game)

-Sean

#8 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(s_retallick @ Dec 13 2005, 12:44 PM) View Post

I do not yet own the 360 but I did get a chnace to play my little brothers in a head to head challange in madden 06'.

Dont get me wrong, the graphics are great on my parents TV w/high def, but to me it seemed as if EA just rushed the crap out of this game. The style of play selection and game modes remind me of an old game (cant put my finger on what game exactly maybe GameBreak 98'). I love the 06' game for my xbox and the way things are set up and the types of gameplay. Now for the 360 I couldnt even challange a play.... I know the play challanging has worked goofy in the past but at least it was an option. The game is also only two players.

Overall the game just disapointed me when I had a chance to play it. Just felt like EA tossed another game into the market to make a buck.

(Recently EA has made me angry about some games for the computer and even xbox that just seem incomplete and unmet promises so that may be part of my hard feelings towards this game)

-Sean

Thats all they ever do, its been their strategy for the past 5 or 6 years. They should be bought and disbanded, they are the devils tool ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users