#1 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:36 PM

I know that I have seen people post about this before, but I couldn't find a definite fix. I have a sammy drive that won't eject unless I give the top of the case a hit before I use the eject button. Is there a simple fix for this?

Edited by BigSteel, 10 December 2005 - 12:13 AM.

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:22 AM

Never had this problem, but my sammy doesn't always fully eject on coldboots. Funny, eh?

#3 michaelhaynes110

michaelhaynes110

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:09 AM

Its a real common problem that I am seeing more and more with the version b samsungs (early version). You can fix it by opening up the xbox and taking the drive out.

Open up the top of the drive and get the tray to eject by pushing on the white tab thing at the front. Pull the tray out and then fully pull it out by pushing in the two tabs on either side. This will let you separate the tray from the drive. Get some metho and some cottonbuds or tissues or something and give it a good clean. You then need to put some lubricant on the tray. I think you are meant to use drygrease or something.

Put it all back together and your drive will function as new.

#4 brutalsun

brutalsun

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

I found out my problem AFTER I hacked my dvd case lid up (making a window biggrin.gif ) The white spindle has a magnet in it, and when there is no dvd it sticks to the drive spindle causing it not to open, It was happening way before I cut the lid up, and my only fix was to push the tray in as it tried to eject effectivly loosening the magnet so the tray woudl slide out. After I cut the lid I was able to adjust it a bit so it no longer has problems opening. Hope it helps a bit

#5 TKramka

TKramka

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Computer Technology, Xbox Hardware and Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:33 PM

Try relubing all the eject mecanisms, and get a new belt for the motor. Belts can be purchased from studiosoundelectronics.com (No Affiliation)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users