• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrJack

MrJack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 07:53 PM

I installed a Xecuter2 Lite with Cromwell bios. the xbox turns on, ejects DVD tray and shows a black screen. Why would it do this. Ive checked connections and all seems okay. Thanks for any help.

#2 FIREitUP

FIREitUP

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 April 2003 - 08:10 PM

disable the chip, does it boot OK?

#3 MrJack

MrJack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 08:15 PM

yes the xbox will boot if chip is disabled. How should it boot with cromwell bios? What should I be seeing?

Thanks!!!

#4 FIREitUP

FIREitUP

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 April 2003 - 08:18 PM

i havent used cromwell, its some stupid legal garbage for ppl who cant afford a real computer so want to put linux in their box, so you may want to go over your d0 again and lpc's, or desolder the wires in ur lpc and just test your d0 to see if you get FRAG, try to limit the possibilities, you should at least get frag if your d0 is connected, then you can work from there

#5 MrJack

MrJack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 08:34 PM

Thanks. Yeah I get frag..just get the black screen and tray open when the chip is connected. ...

#6 TrackZ

TrackZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 08:45 PM

Are you connected via the standard composite video cables? If you're using component and possibly S-video, you won't see a signal.

#7 MrJack

MrJack

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 09:12 PM

Thanks that appears to have been the problem.:-) Now if I can just get the CD to boot:) to flash the bios..Ill be okay I hope. Thanks again for the help.

#8 chris67rs

chris67rs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Mods
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:53 AM

my Xt lite does the same thing, I turn it on , it blinks GREEN (no red/green frag like my X2 pro did in my OTHER Xbox)

it kinda scrolls the screen like a 50hz image on a NTSC tv. .. the dvd tray pops out and no display. I even de wired it and resoldered it. same thing. my D-0 is perfection, my wires SEEM to look good,

I have a multimeter, what do i set it to .. continuity? OHM's voltage? testing between what and what./

#9 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:57 AM

Go here and read. laugh.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users