• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mentalv

mentalv

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:35 PM

So is this thing supposed to work or not? I have all 5 blue leds lighting when no chip on it.

I add the ship and I get the on-off-on-off-on-frag deal so many others have. Tried the X-Chip bios, the X2 bios, the M8 bios and always the same thing. Always BIOS for 1.6 and the XBOX works fine without it.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Something I am doing wrong? Defective like others say in this forum? Anyone had any luck with comunicating with EB2k at all? Emails and messages have gone from here to there, but NOTHING has come back. Not even a "Sorry we were dead, here is the RMA info"

Seems like I still have 60 days for my CC to refund me or not, so I will play with this darn thing until either it works or I send it back to EB2K with FRESH FECES!!

GRRR... so mad, friend has MY xbox hostage until I can get his working. My whole "geek aura" is gone FROM their eyes.

THANK YOU EB2k! :/

#2 CrimsonShock

CrimsonShock

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:38 AM

Very funny. I am in the same boat. My friend has my xbox until I fix his. All the things that I promised he could do with his "new" xbox look like just won't happen. I tried to install X-Lite on his 1.6b xbox and had the same problem as you. You can see the details in my post a while back. Nobody replied. I just resoldered everything and still wouldn't work. Since I have the X-Lite, flashing with a different bios is not an option for me since I don't have another xbox.

From the lack of response, I am inclined to conclude that X-chip doesn't work with 1.6. Solderless or lpc rebuild.

Jeff

#3 mentalv

mentalv

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

I am wondering exactly what is wrong. The solderless or the X-chip? I want to just end this and buy what I need. If the X-chip works then I buy the solderless adaptor; if the solderless adaptor works(it lights all 5 blue leds) then all I need is another chip.

About your friend and mine, this sucks. Mine saw so much could be done with XBMC and how great it works with photos and video and music... he LOVED it and asked me to do the same for his. Now I look like an incompetent jackass, well a jackass without his xbox that is.

So many companies for mods have fallen from grace lately... sad.gif

QUOTE(CrimsonShock @ Dec 11 2005, 07:45 AM) View Post

Very funny. I am in the same boat. My friend has my xbox until I fix his. All the things that I promised he could do with his "new" xbox look like just won't happen. I tried to install X-Lite on his 1.6b xbox and had the same problem as you. You can see the details in my post a while back. Nobody replied. I just resoldered everything and still wouldn't work. Since I have the X-Lite, flashing with a different bios is not an option for me since I don't have another xbox.

From the lack of response, I am inclined to conclude that X-chip doesn't work with 1.6. Solderless or lpc rebuild.

Jeff

#4 rasstar

rasstar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:59 AM

Since you are having so much problems with the X-chip the simplest thing ot do is a softmod. It works and it's freeeeeeee.

#5 m1e1w1

m1e1w1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:29 PM

im getting the same thing. all 5 led's light up. install chip, it frags. i have 1.6 xbox. x-chip, and 1.6 adapter. no response from EB2K.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users