X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Biology, chemistry, science, electrical engineering
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:43 AM

I'm looking to doing the S-Video mod on my xbox as soon as I get some smaller tips for my soldering iron, but to save time and money, I'm going to try to salvage parts from other things laying around the house rather than buying cables and plugs and stuff. So what I'm thinking of doing is using an RCA jack I have laying around as my plug, and then solder the Chrominance and Luminance leads to it, and then building an RCA->S-Video cable. I know that there are grounds on the s-video, but do i absolutely have to have these? Or can I ground them elsewhere? I do have some PS/2 cables lying around, I could use these since they have similar cables and they would provide all that i needed, i would only have to build a custom cable. Any input would be appreciated.

#2 LESTAT

LESTAT

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:50 AM

do you have any games stores that have used xbox stuff ? like a gamers, or software etc. or pawn shop or any of those small game stores that buy back used game equip. ?

go there and get the advanced A/V pack it has the svideo and digital optical oudio output for DTS and THX decoding.

i got 1 about 2 weeks ago for another modded box im doing, it was 9.99 at a little no name game store

check around these advanced av packs gor for about 10 bucks used everywhere.

go to ... errr software etc. but they changed their name they always have these in their used game section.

its not worth the time and effort to go thru and do your own svideo mod. the increase in video is not high definition, all it does is clear the picture up SLIGHTLY its not a huge leap its only a small leap in video clarity. it does not allow you to run a higher resolution.
in other words its not worth the effort of modding jsut go spend 10 bucks and buy the pack,,,, soldering tips will cost you 10 bucks atleast.

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:50 AM

An official advanced AV pack for an Xbox 1 in the bargain bin at EB runs about $4... You'd be hard pressed to build your own for cheaper and have it worth the agravation.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 13 December 2005 - 04:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users