Photo

Reggie Bush, 2005-06 Heisman Trophy Winner!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 snow rider221

snow rider221

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, well wasnt that a surprise?!?! not did anyone else watch the trophy ceremony???

It wasn't much of a surprise, this is one of the greatest NCAA athletes of all time, and neither of the other nominee's even stood a chance.

#2 wtk pro l

wtk pro l

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:57 AM

I LOVE REGGIE BUSH. HE IS THE MOST AMAZING RUNNING BACK EVER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, U NOW WHAT IN FOOTBALL PERIOD.

#3 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:00 AM

1% of the voters somehow left him off their ballot. Not #1, or #2, or #3. I really don't see how thats even possible.

#4 wendinmikey

wendinmikey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:24 PM

yes he's great, now where's he headed in the NFL?

possible teams: Jets, Saints, Texans, Browns....and uhh can't think of the rest.

but outta those i think Jets and Saints need him the most. Jets b/c C. Martin is getting old and may not be around much longer, and the Saints b/c Duece McAllister is good, but seems to be getting too many injuries as of latly. the Browns have a crowed backfield as it is so he's not going there. and the Texans still have Domminck Davis who's a good RB as is so i don't think they'll pull R. Bush there.

but good luck to Bush whereever he goes!

#5 Shoue

Shoue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 06:57 AM

wellllll after the national championship I belive I can safely say that Vince Young >!!!!! Reggie Bush.. while bush is an incredible football player, vince young is a game changer almost entirely by himself.

Go Texas

and reggie bush is going to the texans

#6 guitarfrk

guitarfrk

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:37 AM

well obviously 2 isnt always better (usc had 2 heisman trophey winners) as seen in the rose bowl...but hey ..usc put up a hell of a fight the only thing thats botherin me right now is that both Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart didnt really preform up to par....but hell like i said ..one of the best championships ive seen.(next to 2003 sugar bowl that is..hehe as u can see ima big ass lsu fan as i live in louisiana)

\m/ hook em!! \m/

EDIT: like my fellow longhorn fan said
wellllll after the national championship I belive I can safely say that Vince Young >!!!!! Reggie Bush.. while bush is an incredible football player, vince young is a game changer almost entirely by himself.

Edited by guitarfrk, 05 January 2006 - 07:39 AM.

#7 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:32 AM

He had a huge game but I couldn't get over that game winning run right at the end.

That takes some serious balls. He didn't even celebrate, just handed the ball to the official and walked away.

Whoever gets him is laughin.

#8 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:59 AM

Not that Im saying the outcome would have been aqny different, but was I the only one who left wondering what the game would have been like had the officiating been decent? Vince Young's lateral where he was obviously down. The pick Leinart threw, that was called an imcomplete pass? Neither reviewed? Are you kidding me? If plays had at least been reviewed I might have felt as though the officials were at least giving an honest effort to calling a proper game.

As for Vince in the NFL, I'm not sold. I don't think his arm is all that accurate. Most of the passes he completed last night were to wide open receivers which speaks more to USCs poor defense then Young's throwing. That's not gonna happen regularly in the NFL. And while he's decent sized and speed for a college guy, he isn't going to be the same in the NFL. Rushing quarterbacks don't translate well to the NFL unless theyre accurate passers. So for every Donovan McNabb you can name that's succeeded I'll name an Akili Smith, or Quincy Carter, or Rohan Davey, or Kordell Stewart. Failures. Hell even the great super elusive and quick Mike Vick isn't impressing me. Tell me San Diego didn't come out of that draft far better then Atlanta. I'd take either Brees or Tomlinson over Vick in a heart beat.

And lastly, a QB needs to deliver the ball to the receivers. And if youre all banged up if effects that a lot. Look at McNabb this year, or McNair. You never want your quarterback, no matter how large, to be taking hits. Half of Young's game seems to be running people over. You can't do that in the NFL as a QB. Look what it did to Steve Young's career.

I'm not saying any of this to knock Vince Young. He's a very good athelete and seems to be very mature and a good leader. I just don't think his style of play will make it. It never does. If it's my pick and I need a QB I take Leinart unless Quin comes out and then I needto evaluate those 2 at mini camps.

#9 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:34 AM

I take Vince Young and laugh all the way to the bank.

#10 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(Spency234 @ Jan 6 2006, 08:41 AM) View Post

I take Vince Young and laugh all the way to the bank.

He has one huge game against a bad defense and he's the best QB in the draft?
Leinart was throwing against an actual defense and still threw for 365 yards.
And Vince didn't go down field once all game long against a very suspect USC secondary. I'm sorry, but college defenses aren't NFL defenses.
Ohio St was the best defense Texas played and Vince couldnt run all over them. They have what, maybe 4 guys who could be NFL starters? How many NFL caliber starters on an NFL team?
If you watch the way he plays you'd know alot of his game at it's current level simply isn't good enough for the NFL. He's not going to run over guys like he did USC's defensve backs. He's not going to have guys open by 6 yards like he did. Compare how open his receivers were to Leinart's and the accuracy of the passes necessary to complete them. This is a no brainer. Unless you simply fell in love with a likable athlete from Texas.

#11 Shoue

Shoue

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

i actually agree with rylinkus, with vince young being not so great of an NFL quaterback. NFL defenses... are fast as shit, smart, and they do NOT play around with hits. I do think with Vince young's maturity however and his ability to move around well that later on he could turn into a good quaterback. Reggie Bush will do much better in the NFL

BUT I still believe Vince Young deserves the Heisman, for being the best college football player of the year. Bush will be better in the NFL however, at least at the beggining.

#12 blaziantiger

blaziantiger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

I can't see Reggie Bush having the same results playing in a more difficult conference. If he was in a different conference, and didn't have a Heisman Trophy QB taking the defenses attention, he might not have done as well. Then again, if "IF" was a fifth, we'd all be drunk

I guess I'm biased towards Vince Young because he took down my Buckeyes lol

#13 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE(blaziantiger @ Jan 10 2006, 01:23 PM) View Post

I can't see Reggie Bush having the same results playing in a more difficult conference. If he was in a different conference, and didn't have a Heisman Trophy QB taking the defenses attention, he might not have done as well. Then again, if "IF" was a fifth, we'd all be drunk

I guess I'm biased towards Vince Young because he took down my Buckeyes lol

Beautiful. I think that Bush is going to the Texans, Young to the Saints.

We'll see what happens after that.

#14 imamafackinhokie

imamafackinhokie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(wtk pro l @ Dec 11 2005, 01:04 AM) View Post

I LOVE REGGIE BUSH. HE IS THE MOST AMAZING RUNNING BACK EVER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL, U NOW WHAT IN FOOTBALL PERIOD.

I dont agree with this. Barry Sanders, Tony Dorsett, Archie Griffin were all better college running backs than Reggie Bush. Bush might be the best all around athletes to have hit college football, but what Barry Sanders did in his senior year at OSU alone was unreal.

#15 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:46 AM

Ill play the nostalgic old guy and say Doak Walker.....

But I think Leinart's gonna end up in NO and Young in Tenesse, workouts pending.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users