63 replies to this topic

#1 fatlip180

fatlip180

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:13 PM

Hi ive been reading on these forums for ages now and i have been very excited about the new xbox 360. Ive always bought consoles ever since the snes.

Now, the other day i bought the new xbox 360 - i didnt preorder for some stupid reason, but was lucky enough to be pre warned that comet were selling 10 more a few mins before they actually went on sale, so i snapped one up. Its a core edition and i have got fifa and kong kong for it.

However after buying a Hi def cable for it, all i can say is im not impressed at all. I am absolutely disgusted with fifa, due to the appauling framerate issues, specially when viewing replays.

King kong is better, no frame rate issues at all that i can see, but the graphics arent what i would call 'next gen' at all. In fact ive just upgraded my computer (3500+ 64, 1gb, o/c'd x800gto to x850pe speeds) and im playing a lot on f.e.a.r and its miles better than king kong. visually.

At this rate im gonna sell my xbox 360 i dont think its as good as the hype made it up to be. which is a shame, i loved the xbox

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:22 PM

You'll have no problem finding a buyer. By the way, go play kong on pc, its horrid. All the ports are a joke graphically, the games lead dev platform was pspoo if you didn't know(theres your lesson for the day). Ashame you havent tried the better looking and playing games like Condemned, PGR, COD 2 and so on.

Im sure there are a hundred Scene members here who'd like to buy it smile.gif

Happy Holidays.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:24 PM

I would hold fire. Its obvious the first run of games is not going to exploit the potential of the 360. later developments should be impressive.
Fifa is rubbish on any system. (Pro evo rules) biggrin.gif

#4 fatlip180

fatlip180

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:33 PM

yeh i no what u mean about pro evo being better than fifa, but i am willing to bet anythingthat pes6 will be a big let down. the thing is that i can understand that you may get framerate issues with pc games, due to the system not being quite as powerful enough for the game, but when its a console game, its just disgusting.

#5 BigBen2Ward

BigBen2Ward

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(fatlip180 @ Dec 11 2005, 12:20 PM) View Post

Hi ive been reading on these forums for ages now and i have been very excited about the new xbox 360. Ive always bought consoles ever since the snes.

Now, the other day i bought the new xbox 360 - i didnt preorder for some stupid reason, but was lucky enough to be pre warned that comet were selling 10 more a few mins before they actually went on sale, so i snapped one up. Its a core edition and i have got fifa and kong kong for it.

However after buying a Hi def cable for it, all i can say is im not impressed at all. I am absolutely disgusted with fifa, due to the appauling framerate issues, specially when viewing replays.

King kong is better, no frame rate issues at all that i can see, but the graphics arent what i would call 'next gen' at all. In fact ive just upgraded my computer (3500+ 64, 1gb, o/c'd x800gto to x850pe speeds) and im playing a lot on f.e.a.r and its miles better than king kong. visually.

At this rate im gonna sell my xbox 360 i dont think its as good as the hype made it up to be. which is a shame, i loved the xbox

ok first of all-

the core sucks, its actually worse then the premium, u think they are the same? no

also u are playing two of the worst games on the system.

#6 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:46 PM

the core sucks, its actually worse then the premium, u think they are the same? no

What a complete load of rubbish.
The core is the same unit electronically (Its a core because it has none of the little extras)
It makes no difference at all to how a game plays whether its played on a core or a premium

#7 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(fatlip180 @ Dec 11 2005, 12:40 PM) View Post

the thing is that i can understand that you may get framerate issues with pc games, due to the system not being quite as powerful enough for the game, but when its a console game, its just disgusting.

I also have 2 add...

Are you new to gaming? I see you felt you needed to mention youve had every console since the NES? Slowdown in a game doesnt reflect on the hardware, thats a software issue due 2 lazy/rushed development and nothing else.

So you were disgusted with all past consoles and wanted to unload them? Because hundreds of games on each system surely suffer some slowdown/frame rate problems at some point. This is no different.

#8 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 December 2005 - 06:51 PM

I bought FIFA 2006: Road To World Cup also, its no different then the Xbox version. If you want to be impressed go purchase Call Of Duty 2 and PD0.

#9 kdx80boy

kdx80boy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, go play COD 2, then go play your original xbox. Then you will really see a difference, especially if on a HDTV. I also got King Kong and am really amazed by it. I think it looks amazing, not as good as COD 2 but still.

#10 fatlip180

fatlip180

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Dec 11 2005, 05:54 PM) View Post

I also have 2 add...

Are you new to gaming? I see you felt you needed to mention youve had every console since the NES? Slowdown in a game doesnt reflect on the hardware, thats a software issue due 2 lazy/rushed development and nothing else.

So you were disgusted with all past consoles and wanted to unload them? Because hundreds of games on each system surely suffer some slowdown/frame rate problems at some point. This is no different.

no not new to gaming in the slightest. why is slowdown down to rushed development? The xbox version of fifa 2005 had awful slowdown, whereas the xbox version was smooth as.

Further more to my point pes4 and 5 had slowdown on the ps2, but on the xbox - no slowdown at all. and i know for a fact that the pes games were ported from the ps2 verison. Konami then added that the ps2 was at its end of what konami can put into the ps2 hence the slowdown.

im not saying your wrong, im saying i hate slowdown on consoles. This is more noticable to me as this is a next gen console. If the xbox 360 is next gen - then in no way shape or form should slowdown be expected, specially from a launch title.

#11 BigBen2Ward

BigBen2Ward

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 11 2005, 12:53 PM) View Post

What a complete load of rubbish.
The core is the same unit electronically (Its a core because it has none of the little extras)
It makes no difference at all to how a game plays whether its played on a core or a premium

there was a whole thign done, they ahve different parts, plus i did a poll on who is having problems with there 360, 33 said they were having problems with their core, 4 with the premium.

its not great evidence but i refuse to buy a core for two reasons

more people are having problems with them

and they are a rip off

#12 VOlition

VOlition

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

Ha, I just love my 360. Infact that I play it too much, i can't play xbox 1. The maps are too small for me. I just beat the game perfect dark zero and the game was fun.

#13 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(fatlip180 @ Dec 11 2005, 01:39 PM) View Post

no not new to gaming in the slightest. why is slowdown down to rushed development? The xbox version of fifa 2005 had awful slowdown, whereas the xbox version was smooth as.

Further more to my point pes4 and 5 had slowdown on the ps2, but on the xbox - no slowdown at all. and i know for a fact that the pes games were ported from the ps2 verison. Konami then added that the ps2 was at its end of what konami can put into the ps2 hence the slowdown.

im not saying your wrong, im saying i hate slowdown on consoles. This is more noticable to me as this is a next gen console. If the xbox 360 is next gen - then in no way shape or form should slowdown be expected, specially from a launch title.

Do you realize how wrong that statement is?

LOL, they were rushed and were developed on old dev kits that were primarilry running at 30%. They only got final kits in the last month or 2, hardly enough time to polish things up.

I can't believe you made that statement. Anyone that knows anything about gaming, be it development or actual hardware, knows launch titles are not something of which you base a consoles merits.

Why do some games run perfect like Call of Duty 2? or Condemned? yet others have slowdown. It has nothing to do with the 360. Slowdown in a *launch title*, especially ported ones, has nothing to do with the *next gen* rating.

The comment I bolded shows your lack of understanding a system launch. Im not attacking you, just pointing out that you're wrong.

There will be frame rate issues, discs that dont work, games that freeze entirely, thats life.

#14 fatlip180

fatlip180

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:00 PM

Why is my comment so absurd? is it wrong to expect quality for something i just bought?

maybe from a normal developer but we are talking about ea here - a massive massive company,

how much of a good impression does MS want to make? do they not quality check anything?

end of the day wether its a launch title or not do we just lay back and say ' oh well, its a launch title? its to be expected?'

do all the ps3 fanboys look at fifa on xbox 360 and go, 'its a launch title, we'll forgive the framerate issues'

no, they would rightly so slate it.

How could any1, EA or someone else allow a game to pass through with the joke that that is?

Edited by fatlip180, 11 December 2005 - 08:05 PM.

#15 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(fatlip180 @ Dec 11 2005, 01:39 PM) View Post

oh how wrong you are. if you knew anything about game development or games in general you would see how much you contradict yourself. all of the launch games had 80% of their development done on alpha kits (25%-30% of total power) and then moved to the beta kits (60% of power) and then finally moved to the final dev kits in late august early september. that leaves no time in a development schedule to optimize the game for the final hardware. the original xbox version of fifa didnt have slowdown because the developers have had over 4 years to know the hardware and just like Pes4/5 it was a port from the lesser powered ps2 to the xbox, much easier to run smoother on the xbox. if there any games on a system that will run the worst it will be the launch titles. especially with the coming next gen consoles like the 360 where the architecture is entirely different then what developers are used to. not only did they not have the eDRAM until the final dev kits to work with but they also have new technology in the GPU and a multi-core/thread CPU to learn as well. the learning curve for the console is far bigger then any previous generation. thats not to say that its hard to program for but more is needed to be learned until the real power begins to be harnessed. i would go out of my way to say that all of these launch titles barely push 35% of the consoles total power, and if you put that in perspective then you will see how much better they will get. i say do some research and learn about consoles before making such uneducated claims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users