bluvasa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:16 PM

If you frequent this forum as much as some of us, eventually it seems like all the comments are negative.

People use online forums more for venting/ranting than they do for actual discussion.

When someone comes in here making uniformed comments, most of us won't just sit back and take it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, if I (or people like Deftech and Kage) see an uniformed opinion, I'm going provide ample evidence to show you how flawed that opinion is.

Whether or not you agree with me/us is entirely up to you.

#32 TracerX

TracerX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

gbeav:
Good point, we will never know which it is. I was simply saying that most here will tell you that even when EA is not "under-the-gun" to put something out, they still do subpar work many times. This is what leads me to believe that EA is more likely to be at fault.
As for software emulation, I'm happy to have any emulation at all since the architecture of the Xbox 360 compared to Xbox 1 is so different however, I can definitely see your point also.

#33 Gbeav

Gbeav

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(bluvasa @ Dec 11 2005, 01:23 PM) View Post

If you frequent this forum as much as some of us, eventually it seems like all the comments are negative.

People use online forums more for venting/ranting than they do for actual discussion.

When someone comes in here making uniformed comments, most of us won't just sit back and take it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, if I (or people like Deftech and Kage) see an uniformed opinion, I'm going provide ample evidence to show you how flawed that opinion is.

Whether or not you agree with me/us is entirely up to you.

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just think we all should accept that there are great things and bad things about this launch. But I do see your point where trolls just come here to bash. If a blatent troll comes here and starts crap they should be IP banned.

#34 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:43 PM

I'm going provide ample evidence to show you how flawed that opinion is.

Simple fact the original poster is stating he is not impressed, he is entitled to do this, its his opinion of what he has experience of.
You can disagree with this and state your personal opinions of the 360 and experiences you have had.
The poster does NOT have to provide evidence of any sort to back up an opinion
Some people will love the 360 some will think its overhyped both are entitled to air their own views.
Don't take it so personal because someone does not like the same things as you.

#35 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:47 PM

I personally said nothing about the quality of the launch, Infact I stated no opinions really. I talked about launch software, and how it is compared to past launch software, and enlightened him of the fact that most are ports, most were rushed, developed on underperforming kits, and so on.

He admitted he didnt know a lot about game development later on though, as well as not trying games that actually use some 360 hardware and werent ported, so in the end its all good. Atleast he admitted that, where as others would not and the debate would have gotten out of hand.

What I dont agree with is how people dont like the fact that he doesnt like PD Zero. He said he didnt, and asked what else was out there. When the choice of games comes into play, so the does the realm of Subjectivity.

Rule #1... Dont expect miracles from an EA title.

That sums up the entire thread laugh.gif

#36 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:58 PM

First off i didnt read every post on this thread but i did read the posters initial post and cmon man, youre basing youre feelings on those 2 games. Launch games arent gonna "BLOW" youre mind but there are some good games here. Play COD2, PGR3 or Kameo and maybe youlle get a better idea of what the 360 is capable of even though by no means do any launch games compare to what we are in store for. GOW, Oblivion and Full Auto for instance, Hold onto your box man or youlle be sorry.

#37 falz

falz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:29 PM

I was quite disappointed with my 360 (new this morning) until I found the switch on the AV cable that let me flip it to HD. From that point on- wow!

--falz

#38 xprezz

xprezz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(fatlip180 @ Dec 11 2005, 08:54 PM) View Post

look mate if you want to get of your feckin high horse for a second - i said not cod2 or pdz, cause im not really into that sort of game. dont like using a joypad to play fps.

i really want to like the 360 - i had the xbox and loved that. I was disappointed in fifa cause of the slowdown, disapointed in king kong cause graphiclly just wasnt that impressed + the fact i dont like using pads for fps

Get Kameo and PGR3. Not FPS and both look amazing.

Other than that give it a chance, next year we will start seeing the stuff that starts using the amazing hardware.

#39 Phizzy

Phizzy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(fatlip180 @ Dec 11 2005, 12:20 PM) View Post
...ive just upgraded my computer (3500+ 64, 1gb, o/c'd x800gto to x850pe speeds) and im playing a lot on f.e.a.r and its miles better than king kong. visually.

How much did all that computer hardware cost you, by the way?

#40 MysticalJet

MysticalJet

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:11 PM

I agree wit the original poster. We, as consumers, should not expect or accept subpar products. Especially when you are spending $400 for a console $60 per game.

Does it happen - yes.

Should it happen. - No.

#41 rfmok

rfmok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:12 PM

Why anyone would buy fifa as a launch title is beyond me. I didn't even bother with madden. Why? Because I read the reviews before hand. However, perhaps you like these games anyway despite the reviews and thats cool...you should just know what to expect. Some of you guys need to read more so you won't be disappointed.

Also, enough with the core bashing. The core isn't less powerful than the premium. The core is only a rip off if you plan to purchase every single accessory that came with the premium. If you don't plan on doing that, then it could be a good choice. On another note, big ben, I've heard and read that the premiums had more problems than the core, so it goes both ways.

With that off my chest, the 360 is a great powerful machine. Enjoy it and things will only get better. Remember how xbox 1 launch was? Halo was great...and....um...yea you get my point.

So this is actually a good launch, you have to be patient. If you want to spend 60 dollars on fifa..a game thats available in multiple ports...if you think the 360 port will give you a better gaming experience because of its graphics...that's a decision you made, and you will have to live with it. Read more about games before you purchase next time. Until then, enjoy your soccer game pal ;-).

rfmok

#42 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:09 PM

I'm not suprised that the poster isn't impressed with his 360. King King and Fifa were both designed for current gen systems, but were slightly upgraded for the 360. He should have bought them for the Xbox. If someone is looking to be impressed by what their 360 can do, I suggest purchasing something that takes advantage of the next gen technology. Games like Kameo and COD2 have stunning graphics and sound while games like PDZero and Quake 4 take advantage of Multiplayer Live support. I'd try returning the games before selling the 360 quite yet.

#43 joeyddr

joeyddr

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(BigBen2Ward @ Dec 11 2005, 07:40 PM) View Post

there was a whole thign done, they ahve different parts, plus i did a poll on who is having problems with there 360, 33 said they were having problems with their core, 4 with the premium.

its not great evidence but i refuse to buy a core for two reasons

more people are having problems with them

and they are a rip off

you sir speak directly from your anus.

I have a core with a hard drive i baught + extra controller. Been playing hrs on end and not one lock up freeze or error. Maybe some of the people with the lockups shouldnt be putting them in a drawer in their entertainment center.

dont even get me started on the whole scratched disk thing, DO NOT TURN MOVE THE DAMN UNIT WHILE THE DISK IS SPINNING. WTF....

#44 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(joeyddr @ Dec 12 2005, 01:55 PM) View Post

you sir speak directly from your anus.

I have a core with a hard drive i baught + extra controller. Been playing hrs on end and not one lock up freeze or error. Maybe some of the people with the lockups shouldnt be putting them in a drawer in their entertainment center.

dont even get me started on the whole scratched disk thing, DO NOT TURN MOVE THE DAMN UNIT WHILE THE DISK IS SPINNING. WTF....

laugh.gif

Ahhh nothing like a cheap laugh on a Monday.

#45 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Dec 12 2005, 01:02 PM) View Post

laugh.gif

Ahhh nothing like a cheap laugh on a Monday.

biggrin.gif You beat me to it

Edited by ikecomp, 12 December 2005 - 07:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users