4 replies to this topic

#1 turtle

turtle

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 June 2002 - 05:37 AM

Well when extracting rar files, sometimes i get a CRC failed message from some files(ex. r03), that is ok because i download the file(ex. r03) again and it usually works. Today i ran into something that i havent before, everything went ok, until the very end when it told me CRC failed on the actual file inside the rar, it didnt give a specific file for me to re-download again(ex .r03). Can someone help me fix this? i saw someting about par files fixing it or something like that. thanks.

#2 ThreadZ

ThreadZ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2002 - 02:27 PM

If you get a CRC error anytime during unrar'n the file is corrupt. Sometime WinRAR will tell you which file is bad other times it won't. You need to find the ".sfv" file and use FastSFV or something similar to compare the checksums to the known good ones. This will identify the specific bad file.

Alternatively you can use the ".par" file with mirror or something similar to check the files. If you also have the ".p01, p02, etc..." files you can have mirror recreate the bad/missing files.

#3 pmow

pmow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 June 2002 - 06:59 PM

turtle: I ran into this problem with r-thps2x or whatever. I haven't seen a SFV for this release, and I don't think it came with pars. If anyone can perchance make me a SFV, which would take 2 minutes of your time and 2kb of bandwidth, please let me know, I'd be grateful.

#4 Blackout13

Blackout13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 June 2002 - 10:08 PM

Not really the correct topic for the modchip chat forum...

#5 zlatan24

zlatan24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:43 PM

I had similar situation with himself rar files,and me helped this tool-file is corrupt rar,I found it in google,as how as I remember it is free,program has many possibilities,also application solve problems with encountered CRC errors and other failures, when opening sfx and RAR archives, you have come to the right place and we know, how to help,compatible with the PC platform and all supported versions of Microsoft Windows operating system,can be installed on any PC, despite its CPU speed, the efficiency of saving corrupt RAR files will be always the same,moves to the analysis and start the parsing of selected files with RAR or sfx extension,automatically moves to the next step and permits previewing the files, that are stored in the corrupted archive as well as their recovery prognosis,can estimate the results and see, which files can be restored without errors and which ones cannot be extracted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users