• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crackheadjunky

Crackheadjunky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:51 PM

Ok. I have an xbox. I have read the which mod chip hints for the newb. Im a total newb, at least on xboxs. Although not a newb on pcs. So once i get this thing modded i wont be needing too much other than certain hints. I dont know which version of the x i have... but i think i want a gen 4 chip. Not sure which one. I want to use my x for a tivo, and for playing lots of games. What is the largest hard drive i can put in it? Also, will cache make a difference? If i go with a 16 meg cache drive vs a regular 2 meg or even an 8. Just a few questions. I would like a chip that piggy backs so i dont hard mod it. LMK fellas! Thanks!

#2 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:56 PM

You can put the largest hdd that you can find in it. I don't think that the cache really matters, but if you do go with a larger hdd (400gb+), most have a 16mb cache anyways.

#3 The Third Man

The Third Man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:22 PM

I used an older 40 GB hard drive with a 2 MB cache for a while, and I had no problems at all. I have since upgraded to a larger drive.

#4 Crackheadjunky

Crackheadjunky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:15 AM

how do i find the rev? I saw the stickers on the bottom, i just dont know which ones tell me the rev. Could someone recommend me a mod chip? I dont know enough about them. I know, that it doesnt really matter which one, since im a newb, but i want one that will last me. I was thinking of running linux on it... dont know which distro though.... Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users