9 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 01:40 AM

If someone can please tell me the correct procedure for multimetering the LPC points on a wired install I would greatly appreciate it:

Xbox v. 1.0
X2Pro
Wired Install

I've finished checking the FCC cable and it seems ok but the points are my primary concern.

Thanks,

Chris

#2 luke3001

luke3001

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 07:47 AM

good question im havin problems with my 2nd installation of a lite i prolly gonna buy one too, any tutorials?

#3 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 02:59 AM

Bump - 54 views and nobody knows anything about this?

#4 Jazon

Jazon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 04:39 AM

I would love to know also.....

#5 ChrisF

ChrisF

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 02:38 PM

Now 86 Views No Answer- Perhaps this Should be a New Tutorial?

Well, I'll answer my own question and then see if anyone else has some nice insight into better or more accurate methods.

You connect to one Lpc point and then touch each of the others seeing if the is a connection between the points (there shouldn't be). Move to each point and test all of the others. If you have a connection, you have a problem. Remove and resolder carefully.

FOR THOSE WHO KNOW HOW TO MULTIMETER WELL HOW ABOUT THIS: If the above is correct just post "Yes" - if you can provide additional insight or some better Xbox specific knowledge it would be greatly appreciated but even a "Yes" would be more than anyone else has been able to provide.

Edited by ChrisF, 21 April 2003 - 02:39 PM.

#6 Farce

Farce

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 03:48 PM

I would like to know as well -- moving to the top.

Also, is there anything specific you should be checking on the D0 point with the multimeter?

#7 barracuda

barracuda

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (ChrisF @ Apr 21 2003, 03:38 PM)
Now 86 Views No Answer- Perhaps this Should be a New Tutorial?

Well, I'll answer my own question and then see if anyone else has some nice insight into better or more accurate methods.

You connect to one Lpc point and then touch each of the others seeing if the is a connection between the points (there shouldn't be). Move to each point and test all of the others. If you have a connection, you have a problem. Remove and resolder carefully.

FOR THOSE WHO KNOW HOW TO MULTIMETER WELL HOW ABOUT THIS: If the above is correct just post "Yes" - if you can provide additional insight or some better Xbox specific knowledge it would be greatly appreciated but even a "Yes" would be more than anyone else has been able to provide.

That will work. Use the meter on Resistance(Ohms). A high Ohm reading will mean the points are isolated(not connected), a low Ohm reading(less than 1 Ohm) will mean they are bridged(connected).

Also make sure to check that each wire is connected to the LPC properly. The best way is to connect one meter probe to the wire's connection on the chip and the other probe to the LPC point on the bottom of the mobo.

To test your D0 connection, connect 1 probe to the wire or to the point on the chip and the other probe to the Alternate D0 point on bottom of the mobo. I don't believe there is any other way to test D0 since there are no alternate points on the top of the mobo.

If your DMM has a continuity test you can use that too. If it beeps the points are connected. No beep = no connection.

#8 barracuda

barracuda

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 04:30 PM

Oops, double post....

Edited by barracuda, 21 April 2003 - 04:31 PM.

#9 Sincerex

Sincerex

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:14 AM

I measure the ohms on each of the solder joints, has reading except for pin 1 and 2, can someone explain to my why? Or is that normal?

unsure.gif

Edited by Sincerex, 08 May 2003 - 08:14 AM.

#10 Fire

Fire

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Internet<br />Cars<br />Computers<br />Gadgets<br />Electronics<br />TV<br />Satellite
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:32 AM

to test the d0...
u can place one of the multimeter connecters to the underside of the d0.. and then to the end of the d0 wire.. and it should show VERY low resistance (as the circuit is complete)!1
im not sure if this is correct.. but it seems as the way i would test it (without turning the xbox on)!!.. just put the multimeter to ohms!..

cheers!

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users