7 replies to this topic

#1 aaronuk

aaronuk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

Hi.. I normally burn my xvid/divx and rmvb videos onto DVD-r and play using XBMC. I have burned over 100 dvds in the past and they all work fine. I used Datawrite Titanium Silver 8x DVD-r.

last night I found out that the last 25 dics I burned did not work. I restarted my xbox and I get the same problem, the xbox tried to read (busy) then says (empty). I tried an old dvd which I burned and it worked perfectly.

I have been using the same DVD-R. The only change I made was updating the firmware becaue previously I was burning at 4x. The is the only change I made.. I have made no other changes. I am using nero6. I then tried to burn at slower speeds and get the same problem.

I cant figure out what caused this. Can anyone suggest anything? anything please? I am already pissed that I have to burn the 25 discs again, but still need to solve this problem.

#2 _quaKe

_quaKe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:14 PM

Dump Nero and burn with DVD Decrypter.. See if that helps your problem. And remember, burn at the lowest speed possible.

#3 aaronuk

aaronuk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:04 PM

How would I burn as an iso formatt? I normally select the iso dvd in nero and drag the movies which I want over.

Are there anyother burners which you could recommend?

#4 slingshot2170

slingshot2170

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Biology, chemistry, science, electrical engineering
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:15 PM

There's a chance that the laser in your DVD-burner could just be weak. Try picking up a stronger media. Memorex and Verbatim make some of the top DVD burnable media, or so I'm told.

#5 Jrgong420

Jrgong420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:26 PM

If you can't stick those movies on your hdd and you don't want to worry about dvd media limitations get the samsung pc drive and mod it, it'll play anything. I believe it's 616t but i'm not sure that could be the stock samsung.

#6 RLLMoFP

RLLMoFP

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

So after the firmware update you started making discs at a higher speed correct?

Slow down the burning speed (I always burn discs for the Xbox at 2X myself) and see if that improves the reliability.

Nero is fine (in my opinion anyway) for what your using it for.

I tend to watch my divx/xvid movies directly from a share on my PC.

#7 aaronuk

aaronuk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:24 AM

I am using dvd blank media which definitely works

I burn at 2x or 4x

I have updated firmware. Then tried downgrading fireware.

I use nero and compared with a friends settings that work.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

#8 aaronuk

aaronuk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:04 PM

Since I have two of the same brand/make dvd-r, one working with XBMC the other not. Are there any programs out there that can analyse the structure of the two so that I can compare them to see how they were burned differently?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users