• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 viscous

viscous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:34 PM

I did not see an answer for this previously, so I hope it is not too dumb of a question.

I have both the PC and Xbox versions of KOTOR, but I prefer the Xbox version for several reasons (ease of controller use, disliked PC controls, TV is larger than monitor). I have a modded Xbox and I do not have Xbox Live service.

My main question is, how good is the bonus content? Would it be worth temporarily subscribing to Xbox live (and risking being banned for the mod) to try to get this content for the Xbox version? Or should I try to copy my save game to the PC when I am ready to try the bonus content?

Would one use the bonus content in the middle of the game, or only at tne end of the original game? That is, if I wait until I have beaten the original game and then I try the bonus content, is there still any point to it?

Thanks for any tips. I'm not very far into the game (still on Taris).

#2 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(viscous @ Dec 13 2005, 10:41 AM) View Post

I did not see an answer for this previously, so I hope it is not too dumb of a question.

I have both the PC and Xbox versions of KOTOR, but I prefer the Xbox version for several reasons (ease of controller use, disliked PC controls, TV is larger than monitor). I have a modded Xbox and I do not have Xbox Live service.

My main question is, how good is the bonus content? Would it be worth temporarily subscribing to Xbox live (and risking being banned for the mod) to try to get this content for the Xbox version? Or should I try to copy my save game to the PC when I am ready to try the bonus content?

Would one use the bonus content in the middle of the game, or only at tne end of the original game? That is, if I wait until I have beaten the original game and then I try the bonus content, is there still any point to it?

Thanks for any tips. I'm not very far into the game (still on Taris).

There are so much more stuff out there that is better than Yavin. Basically, all you really get at the end of all this are:

-2 New Saber Crystals
-New Armor
-New Ranged/Melee Weapons

So is it worth it? Personally, since running mods hasn't really been such a problem for me, i'd rather use mods for my Kotor game. Using a mod in conjunction with a trainer (invincibility, one-hit kill) basically makes Yavin a completely useless destination for me.

Just my thoughts...

Edited by darth_turtur, 21 December 2005 - 05:39 PM.

#3 digital71

digital71

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:10 PM

There's a way you can run both Yavin IV and mods you know.

#4 jsdragon

jsdragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 04:09 PM

dude darth thats totaly a pimp icon.

#5 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(digital71 @ Dec 22 2005, 10:17 AM) View Post

There's a way you can run both Yavin IV and mods you know.

digital...

This topic has already been covered by both myself and my co-moderator VoxAngel. All i'm saying is, with all the available Kotor 1 & 2 mods available for us, Yavin is not such a big deal since you have the ability to acquire much better items. If you're patient enough to manually and constantly update the batch files running behind the downloadable content on your Kotor's TDATA folder, then be my guest. I'm just here to help and give suggestions.

And jsdragon...

Thanks for the "icon acknowledgement"...that's basically me at the end of the day...well, without the pimped out clothes tongue.gif

#6 digital71

digital71

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

Sorry if I pissed you off (or offended you or anything like that), I was just merly implying that you can download and install mods as DLC from Mimesis.

I was patient enough back in the days and figured out how the DLC of this game works, so now I am able to build DLC from mods so they'll work for anyone who has the official content. Although it seems nobody cares now that I have done it (hahaha, oh well). I guess not so many people have the official DLC installed.

Edited by digital71, 04 January 2006 - 08:12 PM.

#7 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE(digital71 @ Jan 4 2006, 10:52 AM) View Post

Sorry if I pissed you off (or offended you or anything like that), I was just merly implying that you can download and install mods as DLC from Mimesis.

I was patient enough back in the days and figured out how the DLC of this game works, so now I am able to build DLC from mods so they'll work for anyone who has the official content. Although it seems nobody cares now that I have done it (hahaha, oh well). I guess not so many people have the official DLC installed.

No worries...and no need to apologize either. You're entitled to your euphimisms if anything else...

I know that the game does an auto-install directly to Kotor's TDATA directory. The only problem is, your game may be rendered invalid if the DLC does not get verified by the Xbox.

#8 digital71

digital71

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:39 AM

Short story: The Mimesis team knows how to sign the contentmeta.xbx files (which is what the Xbox uses to verify the package). All contentmeta.xbx files are signed the same (based on EEPROM, HDD key, ect.).

Long story: I decided not to post the full thing since it's far more technical and could be used by some people to cheat on live. Basicly the contentmeta.xbx has two signatures to verify the package. If you want, I can PM a something more technical to you explaining the way the xbox verifys the DLC.

#9 jsdragon

jsdragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:18 PM

Thanks for the "icon acknowledgement"...that's basically me at the end of the day...well, without the pimped out clothes

Now ^ is that from being bored or tired or getting frustrated from answering alot of questions ? lol

#10 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(digital71 @ Jan 4 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

Short story: The Mimesis team knows how to sign the contentmeta.xbx files (which is what the Xbox uses to verify the package). All contentmeta.xbx files are signed the same (based on EEPROM, HDD key, ect.).

Long story: I decided not to post the full thing since it's far more technical and could be used by some people to cheat on live. Basicly the contentmeta.xbx has two signatures to verify the package. If you want, I can PM a something more technical to you explaining the way the xbox verifys the DLC.

I would think that the same resigning process should also be applied to the gamesave if that save has items purchased from Yavin. Since both folders (TDATA and UDATA) are running simultaneously, the gamesave should also carry the same digital signature in order to keep them valid. Am i over assuming this part?

#11 digital71

digital71

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:09 PM

I'm not sure about that, although that does sound very valid. I would recommend starting a new game for best results.

Also, for anyone who does have the official dlc installed, check out Mimesis. It has mods like the AIOFPM v3.0.1 (huge thanks goes to VoxAngel for his help with generating empty dialog.tlk files), Carth Romance Fix, a few others (more to come, about 13 up right now). Also, if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post in the forums as there are not enough KotOR players in the Mimesis forums.

Edited by digital71, 06 January 2006 - 11:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users