19 replies to this topic

#1 Incubusalec

Incubusalec

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:32 PM

Okay, here is the situation.

My xbox went down, the origional hard drive crashed.
I looked into replacing the hard, and it seemed i needed an Mod Chip.
From what i could tell, Xecuter seemed to be the best, and I bought an Xecuter 3CE
Installed the chip, everything seems fine. I boot the xbox up, and Flash Bios comes up.
Also, I put in a replacment 20g hard drive, and it reads properly, however, it is formatted and has nothing on it.
Now, this is where i am stuck. I have downloaded EvoX, but i dont know what to do with it!
I have used Flash Bios to flash to the EVOX bios (via netword flashing) that i found on Xbins. It says it flashes succesfully, but when i boot it it returns to Flash Bios.

So how do I go about completing this? Ive invested too much to give up at this point.

Thanks for any information at all smile.gif

#2 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:35 PM

You need to build the harddrive using Slayer's Disk preferably. Thats all I know about ModChips. But thats what ive been told.

#3 Incubusalec

Incubusalec

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

I have tried using Slayers autoinstaller. I follow all the instructions, but when I put in the CD it does nothing. I thought i was building the CD incorrectly but i tried everything. What i figured is that Flash Bios does not support running the Slayer Disc. Thats why i tried to replace the bios. But that doesn't even seem to be working.

I have tried using Slayers autoinstaller. I follow all the instructions, but when I put in the CD it does nothing. I thought i was building the CD incorrectly but i tried everything. What i figured is that Flash Bios does not support running the Slayer Disc. Thats why i tried to replace the bios. But that doesn't even seem to be working.

#4 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:40 PM

What type of disc are you using? CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R?

I have only been able to get a CD-R to work one time out of like 3 days of trying lol

Edit:
With the chip on can you FTP to your xbox?

Edited by FSG, 13 December 2005 - 10:41 PM.

#5 Incubusalec

Incubusalec

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:41 PM

The version of slayers that i found would only let me burn to a CD using Nero. I tried RW's and R's. No luck.

#6 FSG

FSG

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:46 PM

With the chip on can you FTP to your xbox?

#7 Incubusalec

Incubusalec

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:56 PM

I belive so, i can use Flash Bios to flash thru a network, however, there is nothing in FlashBios about FTP. But i may be able to use FTP, as i do get an IP adress when i connect a network cable. I dont know if the Flash Bios will mediate the Network/HDD trasnfer tho

#8 slingshot2170

slingshot2170

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Biology, chemistry, science, electrical engineering
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:07 PM

FlashBios only allows you to do what it's named.. flash the onboard bios. It won't let you boot unsigned code or anything, because it is a "legal" bios. You'll need to reflash the chip with an Xecuter BIOS or an EvoX BIOS. Don't ask where to get it. After that, you will be able to boot a slayer's disc or an autoinstaller. And with Slayers, you can burn it to any media you want. Just put the media in your drive (dvd or cd). Try burning it to a DVD-R, I think this is the most commonly compatible media.

#9 Incubusalec

Incubusalec

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:42 PM

Okay, as i said in my post, I tried both flashing, and installing Slayers with blank media, but neither worked. I flashed the bios, it says succesfull, shuts off the Xbox, and then it reboots back into Flash bios. Slayer just didnt even load from the cd.

#10 slingshot2170

slingshot2170

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Biology, chemistry, science, electrical engineering
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 December 2005 - 01:01 AM

Check the chip to make sure you don't have write protect enabled. Some software says that it's flashed successfully, but it hasn't. And as far as the Slayer's disc, try a different media and a different auto installer.

#11 Incubusalec

Incubusalec

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:18 PM

Yes, i have made sure i dont have the Flash/Write protect enabled, If I do i get an error even before the flash starts. Also, will I need to install a working BIOS before I can use slayers? From what I can tell, Flash Bios wont be able to tell the machine to run the Slayer disc.

#12 TrigunXBox

TrigunXBox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:48 PM

The FlashBIOS on the X3 will only let you reflash the chip. You can't run games or anything else, including the slayers did. You need to flash the latest X3 BIOS. (X3 3294).

Check out this page on flashing.

http://home.comcast..../Old/index.html

Once the new BIOS is flashed, reboot the XBox. It should come up with an error because the new HDD is lacking the right files. At this point you can boot the slayers disk and rebuild the drive.

#13 ReallySorry1011

ReallySorry1011

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

If you cant that get that to work another way to rebuild your HDD would be hotswapping which isnt very hard

#14 Incubusalec

Incubusalec

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:47 PM

Ok awesome. I must have been a complete idiot, I was not using the X3 bios... So now i have the Bios installed, however I am not getting an error about the hard drive. It simply boots into what I can tell is the X3 bios. The slayer disc still doesnt seems to work, ive tried endless types of media. So what can i do to go about rebuilding the drive? I do have access to another retail "non modded" xbox if thats what hot swapping reqiures. Thanks for all your help so far, i really appreciate it! Almost there! smile.gif

#15 ReallySorry1011

ReallySorry1011

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:10 AM

Heres a link to a hotswap tutorial good luck!

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=225796

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users