Cacka Lacka

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:09 AM

I soldered in an X3 about 9 months ago and everything turned out fine...until a few days ago when it suddenly started FRAGing. It seems that I have a cold joint on pin 15 (3.3v). So I bought some desoldering braid and cleaned up most of the solder that I could. I applied some more solder to the joint as I was heating the joint. I can not tell if it is making a good connection tho (obviously it isn't, because it's still FRAGing). I don't know how much more the LPC hole can take before I end up burning it up. I've heard that I can aslo get 3.3v from either the C7D1 or C7D3 capacitors Do you know if that will work? I'm pretty sure the pin 15 LPC hole has either burned up or it's beyond my skills to repair without burning up the traces around it.

(click to enlarge)
IPB Image

^^^I'm pretty sure the first resistor, C7D1, would work since it basically goes right to pin 15. Anybody done this before?

Thanks

PS: The entire install went fine with all other 13 pins, d0, LAN, and HD. It's just this damn pin 15 that's pissing me off. The setup worked fine for 9 months then suddenly takes a shit on me .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users