#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:25 PM

im keeping my eye on this one. was reading in brothers magazine and found out that team shanghia is developing the 360 version while team montreal is working on the current gen versions. i hope that shanghia is up to the task as i feel the best in the series have been from the series creaters (team montreal)

cant wait to go home and see the trailer, let me know what you guys think. enjoy

Ubisoft has released the first official trailer for Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent. No gameplay in this trailer, but there is one scene with a scantilay-clad woman in a window that could possible be real time on the Xbox360 about 3/4 of the way through. Just speculation though. Click on the news title for the video.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/549/

#2 MadEx

MadEx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:32 PM

/me thinks MS should have coughed up some money to make it a 360 exclusive, at least for 6 months.

Now I have the feeling we'll get a port, at best.

#3 fastTOE

fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:43 PM

it's written at ign that each console will have exclusive additional material and is being made specifically for the given console....

so, if that's true then it sounds like no port.....

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Dec 14 2005, 02:32 PM) View Post

im keeping my eye on this one. was reading in brothers magazine and found out that team shanghia is developing the 360 version while team montreal is working on the current gen versions. i hope that shanghia is up to the task as i feel the best in the series have been from the series creaters (team montreal)

cant wait to go home and see the trailer, let me know what you guys think. enjoy
http://www.gamersreports.com/news/549/

How can you remain so calm?!?! you know damn well how shitty shanghia is! grr.gif

I know youre tying to be positive but you are permitted to get a little more grumpy over the news laugh.gif

Good grief this really bothers me, port or not. That team is shit with everything theyve touched. If they ruin it when the ONLY version they touch is the 360 version, they are truly piles of shit. When they did Pandora, they had to do all versions. They have no excuse this time. If its as linear as Pandora, it will be a pile of shit.

Sorry to be so negative, but those who know me understand that THIS GAME/Series is the one reason I even still bother with the hobby. If this turns out to be like Pandora, gameplay wise....

Thanks for the info fastTOE, seeing as its the ONLY version they are touching, it better be damn good and have mutiple routes thru a map, unlike Pandora grr.gif

Edited by Deftech, 14 December 2005 - 08:50 PM.

#5 fastTOE

fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:56 PM

http://xbox360.ign.c...5/675596p1.html

i was too lazy before, but there's the article... it says something about how you play certain missions will change the outcome of the game,.... so hopefully it's not too linear,... ...maybe multiple endings sorta thing,...

but, who knows,... i think this is a pretty speculative article

#6 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(MadEx @ Dec 14 2005, 02:39 PM) View Post

/me thinks MS should have coughed up some money to make it a 360 exclusive, at least for 6 months.

Now I have the feeling we'll get a port, at best.

i dont think so, from what the preview said, the reason that there are two different teams working on the game is so there is no forced port. the game is being developed for the 360 first then scaled down to fit on the current gen systems. the core story will remain the same but the 360 version will be huge, much larger then any previous splinter cell. even if they made the 360 version exclusive for 6 months i believe they would still develop the game the same way.

#7 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:25 PM

What's Splinter Cell all about? blink.gif

#8 fastTOE

fastTOE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:28 PM

sneaking around and looking really pretty,.....

#9 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(fastTOE @ Dec 14 2005, 03:35 PM) View Post

sneaking around and looking really pretty,.....

Hahahaha

Vinestrike, If you havent tried a Splinter, Please do so. Go rent part 1 or 3(Chaos Theory), and if you like crappy rushed ones, get part 2(Pandora tomorrow). Xbox versions are far and away the best.

I guess I'll be the 1st one to say it..

The trailer is a joke. The only good part is the DOA moment with the chick.

Edited by Deftech, 14 December 2005 - 10:05 PM.

#10 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:30 PM

Spring 2006
i want it now sad.gif

#11 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Dec 14 2005, 01:11 PM) View Post

Hahahaha

Vinestrike, If you havent tried a Splinter, Please do so. Go rent part 1 or 3(Chaos Theory), and if you like crappy rushed ones, get part 2(Pandora tomorrow). Xbox versions are far and away the best.

I guess I'll be the 1st one to say it..

The trailer is a joke. The only good part is the DOA moment with the chick.

I thought Pandora Tomorrow was great. I like the whole series pretty much equally. I hope SC4 surpasses the rest though.

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Dec 14 2005, 05:32 PM) View Post

I thought Pandora Tomorrow was great. I like the whole series pretty much equally. I hope SC4 surpasses the rest though.

youre the 1st person who likes them all equally that Ive come across. I thought the maps were terrible, and there were no alternate routes. I tried making them but it just didnt happen. Dont get me wrong, I liked the game, but as far as map layouts and how you could approach each one, it was nowhere near as good as part 1. Chaos came in and walked all over 1 in my opinion.

Oh and for clarification, Im not bringing graphics or online gaming into the comparisons. Im just talking about single player and how you can attack each situation thats presented.

Edited by Deftech, 14 December 2005 - 11:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users