8 replies to this topic

#1 st4fore

st4fore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:33 PM

ok so eventually managed to order myself a core rather than holiding out for a premium but a few ques,

does it come with a demo disc and if so what games are on it? Also will it work online and backwards compatible with just a memory card for now till i can get a hard drive?

Cheers

#2 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:39 PM

360 is Backwards compatible only with the hard drive. Other than that, Yes Online will work, dunno about the demo disc though

#3 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:48 PM

no demo disc, but the premium system doesn't come with a demo disc either. you CAN however download demo's through xbox live (even the free silver subscription) i'm not sure how well that will work without the harddrive though. maybe it will let you save to memory card if you got one.

#4 Mjkthirdeye

Mjkthirdeye

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Dec 14 2005, 04:55 PM) View Post

no demo disc, but the premium system doesn't come with a demo disc either. you CAN however download demo's through xbox live (even the free silver subscription) i'm not sure how well that will work without the harddrive though. maybe it will let you save to memory card if you got one.

I seriously doubt it, The memcard is only 64mb... I doubt theres any way in hell a demo would fit on it. wink.gif

#5 tnil

tnil

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(Mjkthirdeye @ Dec 14 2005, 04:56 PM) View Post

I seriously doubt it, The memcard is only 64mb... I doubt theres any way in hell a demo would fit on it. wink.gif

Yeah, you probably would only be able to download the smaller arcade demos because the 360 game demos are pretty big in size...400+mb. Even if you downloaded arcade games to a memory stick, you would eventually need more memory cards because you'll want to save your xbox profile, game saves, etc.

So, it would just be better to buy a hard drive IMO...$100 for the hard drive vs. $80 for two memory cards. Then, you may need more memory cards later.

Ultimately, if you plan to download game demos, get a hard drive biggrin.gif

#6 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

that sucks that you ended up getting the core but i guess you got one. i'm pretty sure downloading isn't possible. i haven't tried to put arcade games on a memory card but the idea of doing such a thing tends to make me borrow a line from our canadian friends and say, "wtf eh". Just grab an hdd when you can. They had a bunch in Target when I was in there the other day so it doesn't seem like it will be difficult to find.

#7 JimmyDeushku

JimmyDeushku

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:14 AM

Premium came with a demo disc?

QUOTE(spinr34 @ Dec 14 2005, 05:12 PM) View Post

that sucks that you ended up getting the core but i guess you got one. i'm pretty sure downloading isn't possible. i haven't tried to put arcade games on a memory card but the idea of doing such a thing tends to make me borrow a line from our canadian friends and say, "wtf eh". Just grab an hdd when you can. They had a bunch in Target when I was in there the other day so it doesn't seem like it will be difficult to find.

I downloaded Mutant Storm Reloaded onto my memory card before I got the HDD for my Core.

#8 st4fore

st4fore

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:17 AM

im from the UK and hdd are like gold poo to find voer here. Could you use a PC's HDD???

#9 JimmyDeushku

JimmyDeushku

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 December 2005 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE(st4fore @ Dec 14 2005, 06:24 PM) View Post

im from the UK and hdd are like gold poo to find voer here. Could you use a PC's HDD???

Nope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users