73 replies to this topic

#1 rfmok

rfmok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:17 PM

Hey. I have heard a lot of negative things about this game. I read the reviews from both ign and gamespot. Usually the consumer reviews are higher than the video game websites. But in this case, it appears that the consumer reviews are lower. So, are there people out there that think this is a great game? I'm anxious to get online and play this for months. I'm hoping it's as great as its claimed to be....

rfmok

#2 drummin82

drummin82

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:22 PM

I myself did not enjoy it very much. I think COD2 was way better, and much more fun to play over live. Perfect Dark was ok at best, but that is my opinion. Here are opinions of some others.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=469041

#3 mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(rfmok @ Dec 15 2005, 11:24 AM) View Post

Hey. I have heard a lot of negative things about this game. I read the reviews from both ign and gamespot. Usually the consumer reviews are higher than the video game websites. But in this case, it appears that the consumer reviews are lower. So, are there people out there that think this is a great game? I'm anxious to get online and play this for months. I'm hoping it's as great as its claimed to be....

rfmok

From someone who just got the Xbox360 yesterday and played PDZ quite a bit (up to level 4 or 5 already). I think it's a pretty good game depending on what you are expecting.

I have COD2 on PC and have beat it. They are two completely different games. COD2 is obviously more realistic and authentic since it's a WWII Based FPS that relies heavily on squadmates, scripted scenes, etc. It's very immersive.

PDZ is more along the lines of the standard FPS but they add variety (controlling a robot, providing sniper cover for your partner,etc) but is obviously unrealistic since it takes place in a fantasy world and time.

Personally I think PDZ's strongest point (is reflected in most reviews too) is the amazing weapon modelling. All the weapons look great, sound great and are fun to use. The graphics are decent most times and can be really good at times. It's a lot more action and most of the time, it'll be you against everyone.

I think it's unfair comparing the two (COD2 and PDZ) because they are really two different types of games. I would get COD2 for the Xbox360 but already have it beat it on PC.

Just get both.
rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

#4 rfmok

rfmok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:32 PM

Yea, I did my research and got COD2 and Perfect dark for my 2 launch games. I'm really looking forward to xbox live. I'm also thinking about pgr3, but I'm not too fond of racing games. But yea, I'm not expecting too much out of PDZ's single player. But I hope the multiplayer is off the charts!!!

rfmok

#5 eurodeseo

eurodeseo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:32 PM

I thought PDZ was a piece of crap. tongue.gif

#6 rfmok

rfmok

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(eurodeseo @ Dec 15 2005, 06:39 PM) View Post

I thought PDZ was a piece of crap. tongue.gif

LOL. Online too?

#7 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:45 PM

Honestly, I think the online multiplayer aspect of this game is its greatest feature. Eradication and infestation with 16+ people is alot of fun. Although I like the campaign, I feel its lacking somewhat. But I'm sure if I played this game through on co-op it would be a lot better than single player. Anyways the array of weapons is awesome. Everything from the look to the way they fire is pretty sweet. But like I said if you plan to play this online you won't be disappointed. While COD 2 has a better campaign mode in my opinion, its online play is not as good as PDZ. COD 2 online play could be improved with an update but right now its somewhat limited.

Edited by ikecomp, 15 December 2005 - 05:45 PM.

#8 Erick

Erick

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

perfect dark zero is really good in my opinion...

Edited by Erick, 15 December 2005 - 05:51 PM.

#9 deadpool66

deadpool66

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Games Girls Weed

Pdz is ok but call of duty 2 and condemned are way better games.

#10 tommiwan

tommiwan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Interests:Halo, Bioshock, Crackdown
  • 360 version:unknown

I finally got a hold of this game last night from blockbuster, and made it a good way through it. I think I am on level 5 now (just started).

It is a decent game. I think if I had spent $50-$60 on this game I would be disappointed. the gameplay is entertaining and I plan on playing it all the way through, but it is definitely not worth that price. Maybe if it were $20-$30 I would purchase it.

The multiplayer was pretty good, I only got to play two games (split screen) but had fun with the bots. It reminded me a lot of unreal tournament on PC (only slower). I play halo, and I don't think the multiplayer was as fun as halo, but stil entertaining and I could see myself playing it for a while.

Summary: Not worth the current price, but fun and worth buying later for a much cheaper price.

Edited by tommiwan, 15 December 2005 - 06:07 PM.

#11 aceman118

aceman118

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:53 PM

I just got pdz and it is notwhat I expected. I was expecting it to be very similar to the old school perfect dark that I enjoyed so much. it seems they took a lot from that game but not the kind of stuff I was expecting. I was hoping to have all the mini game, training sims that were basically the center of the old game. All that is included in pdz is single player missions which are boring and the multiplayer which is really awesome. The multiplayer really reminds me of the old goldeneye and perfect dark multiplayer. I kinda suprised they kept it so slow paced and didnt add a jump, however. playing a rockets only is a very strange experiance if you are used to playing rockets in halo. i see a rocket coming and my first instict is too jump and dodge it. I think this game just takes some getting used to if you have been playing all the new school shooters. i think its more of a nostalgic game than enything else.

#12 Granulated

Granulated

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:03 PM

I played PDZ for a while...first two levels and half an hour of multiplayer. Very unimpressed with single player, even more dissappointed with multiplayer.

#13 xPRimNT

xPRimNT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:15 PM

It is totally a matter of opinion. If you go into a game expecting something, you are going to be disappointed, even with something like Halo 2.

I went into PD0 with no expectations, just wanting to see what it could offer. In my opinion, it delivered some pretty interesting stuff!

The Co-op single player was what has drawn most of my time. Playing through the hardest difficulty was ... hard enough to keep our attention, with tons of level retries. I found it great fun!

Multiplayer is also fun. DarkOps is like a slower paced CS, but without jumping. While I found it strange that they didn't include jumping, it doesn't take long to get used to.

I prefer PD0's 32 people online to COD2's 8.

All in all, I like the game... Give it a try.

#14 jfoster

jfoster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:19 PM

IMO, sucks. Included it with the sale of my other 360... will not miss it. COD2>

#15 crobar

crobar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:29 PM

this game is poop...
the ai is horid.
for instance...and im sure many of you will agree.

you can be in cover exchanging fire with the enemy
and your having fun till you realize the enemy is so
stupid that not only do they not take cover well but they
will openly run up to youin the middle of the cross fire to hit
you with their loaded gun or fire at you right next to you and
while you in the"cover" mode ists not easy to get out of it to fight the idiot who doesnt value his AI life

thats basicly it for the AI none of the characters value their life much if at all you can tll by their actions.

the voice acting is soooo funnyits like a bad japanese dub or somthing.

graphics wise...its good but everything looks plactic and wet...you can call that the games style i call it lame.
this game sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users