dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:01 PM

I couldn't take the hype anymore and i got that new cod2. holy shit this game is sick! f'real, the reviews don't lie about the single player being ridiculously fun and intense. i usually never get a game for the single player, especially not buy one! especially not a war game too.... and the online is ok. nothing great, but definitely not dumb. but its the single player that just takes it away. dam, even the tank mission, which i was a lil weary to do at first, was pretty crazy. the game is just too real.

ight, just thot i'd share that. i hope we can expect this type of intensity from more games to come!

#2 bigphill911

bigphill911

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:10 PM

yah man i agree this game truely does kick ass. It is the first 360 game I got (got system and game last night at wal mart biggrin.gif ) This is also the first war game I've bought and pretty much first one ive played other then socom at a friends house. Graphics are isnane and there is non stop action! LOVE IT!

#3 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:18 PM

Im not one for war games, they all seem to be the same. But i think im gonna pick this one up after i sell kameo. Ive played through it, beat it and right now im just working on all the A rankings before i sell it. I hope COD2 impresses me.

#4 dabigdilla

dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Dec 15 2005, 09:25 AM) View Post

Im not one for war games, they all seem to be the same. But i think im gonna pick this one up after i sell kameo. Ive played through it, beat it and right now im just working on all the A rankings before i sell it. I hope COD2 impresses me.

definitely do. like i says, i was never into war games either. not mercenaries, not medal of honor, not brothers in arms. those are all good games, but nothing compares to the action in cod2. the realism is unreal (lol). what's really nice is that they don't bore you with a bunch of cutscenes and briefings. and you really feel like a part of the whole war, and when you watch your allies get wasted its actually kinda sad and makes you wanna fight for them. lol, and your allies get wasted a LOT! its kinda cool....specially the start of the american campaign. kinda makes you appreciate and respect war for realz, as well as fear it. this is prolly as close as i'd really wanna get.

#5 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(dabigdilla @ Dec 15 2005, 07:00 PM) View Post

the realism is unreal (lol).

HA HA HA HA HA I will get this game for sure just because of that line!!! that was great!!

#6 Darcom

Darcom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

Yeah this is a sweet game! I would say a must own if your a fan of 1st person shooters because if you don't like war games give it a shot anyhow I'm not either.

#7 deadpool66

deadpool66

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Games Girls Weed

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

I wasnt to excited bout this game Ive played so many CoD and medal of honor games, But CoD2 is bad ass buy it if you havent already!

#8 Vinestrike77

Vinestrike77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 09:57 PM

CoD2 totally kick ass! Bought it on Saturday and it's the shit!

Every single mission is great I love the fact that in order to kill the enemy you have to have the righ weapon, you certainly don't want to take out a Nazi 40 feet hiding behind a wall with an automatic, need to grab the rifle on the floor that belonged to your buddy who had his brains blown out after he told you that as soon as he gets home he was going to marry his sweetheart that he met at the prom!

CHARLIE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#9 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:04 PM

definatly the best WWII shooter i have ever played and is also one of the best FPS i have played as well. when you play the game play it on either hardened or veteran, havent played the game on any easier setting but it really makes the battles that much more intense since you can die so easily and you have to think things out better before just rushing in. the brutality of war has never been so accurately portrayed in a war game, watching people around just getting ripped apart from bullets and reacting very realistically to every hit is kind of stomach churning sometimes.

funny thing is i wrote this game off and thought it would suck from how it looked at the 360 unveiling and at E3, plus that it was going to be a PC port and not a 360 built game but they really cleaned the game up and came through with one of the most beautiful FPS, pc port or not.

love the online part, thought i would hate it as im not the biggest fan of deathmatch style games and they limit the player count at 8 but i have a blast (no pun intended) when playing online. much fun to be had there for sure.

Edited by KAGE360, 15 December 2005 - 10:05 PM.

#10 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:03 PM

The smoke nades are the sweetest addition to FPS this year. They have a real effect on the gameplay and look real as can be.

#11 atsang

atsang

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:14 PM

yes the smoke grenades are a huge factor, especially on ctf maps. crazy.

Edited by atsang, 15 December 2005 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users