• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Modded.. Shell scripting all sorts of things.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 December 2005 - 06:29 PM

G4X is a new project that i plan to start in the coming weeks ahead..

G4X Stands for Ghost for Xbox.. This will allow users to make ghost images of their xbox partitions and easily back up restore or clone xbox partitions.. Currently norton ghost will allow a full back up bit by bit but this requires a drive of the same size to clone.. G4X can clone a full size disk 100gb in 40 min's (assumeing you have a 100mbit connection running at 300mb a min) Got your xbox perfect the way you want it? G4X can back it up to a linux windows mac freebsd computer..

This tool will come on the PC frist allowing users to easily make new hdd's.. Then it will be out on the xbox..

#2 Keo-Keo

Keo-Keo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Interests:Modded.. Shell scripting all sorts of things.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:29 AM

After talking with the guys from G4U/G4L i decided to trash this idea bascially because XDSL can already do this..

dd can read and copy the image in raw formate then save it.. This can be easily done even with a normal linux disto that can't read FATX..

But when restoring if your using a diffrent size hard drive (which was the idea) then you could only restore C E X Y Z because those are going to have the same bite size.. While F G won't.. This requires a linux disto that can read FATX such as XDSL GentooX sXb Xebian etc..

The images from G4U/G4L are stored via FTP on the server side since thats really the best place to put them ;-P. But windows can mount FATX to copy the files to the new F&G partitions.. So yea time to figure out new ways of getting this to work and :-P..

The idea behind it is this.. I work on many xbox's with softmods and people always want to have all the games i have and files etc.. That stuff won't fit on xboxHDM and i'd like to have it just done all the way with one app instead of using xboxhdm to make the shit then use the xbox to ftp the rest over.. If i could get it done in just one step that would rock!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users