• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pyrowe

Pyrowe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:47 PM

i have installed the x-chip in my box with the solderless adapter for v1.6...i am using the latest 1.3 bios from xbins for 1.6 only (although they say from 1.4-1.6 only). i get all five led's at power on, plus the red led on the x-chip for the voltage...it starts up the MS xbox boot screen, but then just sits there and then pops up error 7 or 16, either way it is not booting up from the 3 different cd's that i use, that i know work on my other modded xbox. i have a matrix chip in my older 1.1 box and it works great, at least when it boots, it replaces the MS text at the bottom of the boot screen with executer2, is the x-chip suppose to be doing something like this so that i know that it is working? i did the nickel trick to get the pins spread out a bit, and that fixed the voltage LED problem i was having with the chip. but not sure what else to do from here, other than make a new hard drive on my other xbox first so that i know that it works and then place it in my new box. anyone please guide me from here, i spent many hours pulling my hair out on this...i wouldn't mind hard soldering, if i had all the complete specs on this.

#2 Pyrowe

Pyrowe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:27 AM

ok, maybe someone can point me in the right direction, but what other bios's can i load on the chip, in case this one ain't working, i have reloaded it onto the chip a few times, and it ain't working.

#3 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 December 2005 - 06:54 PM

try using m8 bios i've used them a couple of times and have never had a problem. Did you get the chip to load to the cromwell bios? Please use dvd media. Its much more leliable. Different systems cannot view cdr's I would suggest that first. Maybe your bios are fine and your media is all messed up. Dvd burners are cheap and the only way to go. I'd say if the cromwell bios load change your media and then try the m8 bios.

its a start. keep us informed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users