X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 December 2005 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(dstealth @ Dec 16 2005, 06:10 PM) View Post

Someone claims he has made the 360 run on an alternative bios. This is his quote from the Llamma forums:

"we have already done one at my shop and we plan on doing 7 more
so yes it is possible and i cannot say anymore at this time
but our chip is handmade and hass no special features (it is mostly a bank controler to switch to a rewritten bios bank)
i would wait for xecuter to make a chip rather than go crazy about ours"

I guess he meant shipped ^^

#17 dstealth

dstealth

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:51 PM

Quote from dangerzone50 off the llamma forums: "and the console no longer works as a game system it is just a computer
and we have no real tutorial because we were tinkering
the console had crashed and dugan said the bios was shot we we started messing around with it
we were not planing on this (we were drunk why else would we try this) it just happened
anyway our chipset is not worth mentioning because there is no way to return it to the stock setup(like the xbox modchips)
but from what i rember there was no way to bypass the stock eprom chip because it was inbedded in the cpu
so replacing the cpu was the only way we could do it
i think there maybe a way to keep the stock chip though
and as i said we only removed the old one cause it was fried "

Well I've sent a message to this guy asking him if he would send some pictures. Surely he has gotten hold of a camera by now. Even if the Xenon360 is just a computer running on a steady eject light and a re-written bios without an OS it is still the best so far.

Edited by dstealth, 17 December 2005 - 06:53 PM.

#18 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(dstealth @ Dec 17 2005, 11:58 AM) View Post

Quote from dangerzone50 off the llamma forums: "and the console no longer works as a game system it is just a computer
the console had crashed and dugan said the bios was shot we we started messing around with it
we were not planing on this (we were drunk why else would we try this) it just happened
anyway our chipset is not worth mentioning because there is no way to return it to the stock setup(like the xbox modchips)
but from what i rember there was no way to bypass the stock eprom chip because it was inbedded in the cpu

Well I've sent a message to this guy asking him if he would send some pictures. Surely he has gotten hold of a camera by now. Even if the Xenon360 is just a computer running on a steady eject light and a re-written bios without an OS it is still the best so far.

You'rre in fairy-tale land. This shit is obviously not true and in no way is it helpful. Come on guys why would you cry wolf? All you're doing is making the rest of us more skeptical... so we won't embrace the first people who actually come up with something. Read the first posts from Pi to see what I mean.

Edited by BCfosheezy, 17 December 2005 - 07:02 PM.

#19 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 December 2005 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(dstealth @ Dec 17 2005, 05:58 PM) View Post

First of all, this is old and he has been proven an idiot who knows some acronyms.

Secondly, the EEProm is not embedded in the CPU, but rather next to it. Also, it has no significant importance, as proved in other topics. It certainly has nothing to do with security.

#20 modthebox.tk

modthebox.tk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:checking out hacks hardware mods. I make customs out of anything
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:00 AM

why is stupidity so contagious with people who think they have simple anwsers to big problems?

#21 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:29 AM

i think this thread has pretty much run its course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users